Search results

1. Rick89

New Leon mk4 thoughts

To be honest I’m still bitter about the seats in my MK3. The European models come standard with full leather bucket seats (Apparently) and are way above the ones in ours. I like the alcantara finish over the LUX’s leather but would’ve paid extra if the bucket option was available at the time...
  2. Rick89

New Leon mk4 thoughts

Hmmm I'm not sure...I'm around 75-25 in favour of liking it. Rims are horrendous, interior is a massive improvement and I'm a sucker for the body creasing, particularly on it's back end. Certain angles it looks decent, others it looks shocking. Stance looks all wrong too. Copper overload.
  3. Rick89

Awesome car?

Lovely motor pal. Can't say I'm overly sold on the contrast interior though, but certainly gives it that something else! You're right about that never getting old, my 6-year old is in love with my Cupra, he even has an A3 picture of it framed on his bedroom wall :p . He said to me the other...
  4. Rick89

Leon Cupra 1p Finland

Picture is out of focus but looks like you've got yourself a lovely ride there pal.
  5. Rick89

New Leon mk4 thoughts

Only seen the "release" videos of the Cupras and thought elements of it were decent. Are there any to be seen in person yet?
  6. Rick89

Post Pic's of Your Mk3 Leon In Here

Still questioning why they did away with red calipers on the Cupras. One of the envies I have vs the older gens.
  7. Rick89

Post Pic's of Your Mk3 Leon In Here

You got that looking damn fine!
  8. Rick89

New Leon mk4 thoughts

Went down to local dealership last week to have a mooch around the Cupra Ateca (which by the way is awesome) and they had the new Leon parked by the entrance, boring and unimaginative is and understatement, I almost didn't notice it! Thought it looked decent when I first saw the TV ad but seeing...
  9. Rick89

Cupra First Year Service

I'm not one for small print but imagined there being something contained in the contract about service requirements at SEAT themselves. I've called SEAT customer services and the advice wasn't definitive but I'm taking from what he said that I am able to get the work carried out at VW so I'll...
  10. Rick89

Cupra First Year Service

Thanks for the reply. The car is leased from SEAT themselves and as such via VW Financial Services so I'm not sure I have much choice. My contact at VW has offered to do it all in for £100 which is why I begrudge having to go anywhere else! You'd think getting the service at VW would make VWFS...
  11. Rick89

Cupra First Year Service

Hey folks, been a while since I last posted so you'll have to forgive if I've missed a recent thread or discussion on this... I'm pretty new to the world of leasing so any advice would be greatly appreciated. My 2019 Cupra 290 is due its first year service and I didn't take out the maintenance...
  12. Rick89

Anyone had a clicking noise while driving?

I have developed a really concerning wheezing noise however, at high revs. It's really hard to describe and only occurs when the gearbox is in sport and when the revs are held high before a gear change. Not giving anyone much to go off, but does this ring any bells with folks here?
  13. Rick89

Anyone had a clicking noise while driving?

Had the same thing around 1500-2000 miles. Checked for stones in tyres, brakes etc found nothing. I'm glad to say it seemed to disappear after a couple of weeks so I'd say just stick with it and hope it's a lodged stone that shoots itself out over time.
  14. Rick89

Does anyone have pics of all black cupras ?

Hate to say this but I'm not a massive fan of the 3 door :whistle: .......
  15. Rick89

No snap, crackle and pops anymore?!

Following this thread I've had my back seats dropped for a few day and been tootling around in Cupra mode and there's consistent pops once the engine and pipes are nice and warm. Not getting any farts but the pops are almost constant.
  16. Rick89

Got to admit mate, when I first went to see the 290 at the dealership and sat in the cockpit, I said the guy "how's it sound, pretty decent judging by the look of those pipes?"...the salesman literally ignored me and moved onto a different topic all together. When I started it up and gave it...
  17. Rick89

My 290 has just trickled over 2k and she's only just starting to get a voice. Still finding it far too tinny - particularly at startup - but once the oil is nice and hot, I get some pretty clear pops and the occasional fart in Cupra mode. Definitely a bit wet though and the soundaktor blocks out...
  18. Rick89

MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Just a little heads up to the folks calling SEAT for status updates: I did the same whilst mine was in transit because of frustration from the dealership, and at point of calling they advised it would be a minimum of 4 weeks before I'd receive the vehicle...yeah I collected it 5 days later...
  19. Rick89

Best product for gloss black trim

First wash and I had the same issue. The section between the doors on my Copra which is the shiny plastic stuff. Looks awful up close and drives me insane. Thanks for the wrapping tip, I hadn't considered that.
  20. Rick89

MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Love my mag grey but I do think the Mystery Blue looks insanely good. Real head turner.
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise