Search results

1. Cupra Care at seat dealer

Thats fine. The Seat plan online looks like its not for Cupras anyway and works out at £463 for some reason, Cupra care is £359, and 2 services paid at the tine is £548. I guess I'll have to pop in when it turns up and see what they do.
  2. EU Speed limiter introduction

I have had a failure of the system on another car I drove. It already had auto speed limiting fitted, and it was on. It detected some random residential homes fake 5mph sign in at the entrance, and the car suddenly cut power. I didn't know what it was at first. At other times i've had cars...
  3. Cupra Care at seat dealer

I dont seem to be able to find an answer to this online. My Formentor is a lease, not with Cupra directly though. My local dealer is SMC Seat Exeter, but they arent a 'Cupra' retailer. I assume they will service it fine, but do they sell, or recognise Cupra care? Its a lot cheaper than Seats...
  4. Had car less than 4 hours, bird cr*p ruined paintwork already!

I had a nasty etch on the roof of my Leon Cupra, magnetic grey. It did disappear by itself mostly after a few months. The heat pads do work, as does a hair dryer on hot, but be careful its not so hot it burns the paint, or melts something underneath. Im my experience the issue is caused by...
  5. Leon went back, but might return to Cupra where its safe (I hate Ford)

Im sure the car is fine, but I wouldnt know, Ford seem incapable of actually providing me with one. There is still no fix or timeline for a fix on the Puma, so its going to be a multi-week wait for those waiting for their car. I couldnt wait indefinately, so the Formentor is on it way instead...
  6. DSG stick

Its a switch on all DSGs really, Seat just made a stick out of it for older models. You could possibly make your own, maybe from an assembly from an older Leon. There is no factory option though, it would be a complicated job.
  7. Is there a setting for no fake engine sound but pops from the exhaust?

I had a Leon Cupra and trust me the exhaust pops and bangs get louder over time. You need a few thousand miles on them before they really start to pop. By the time i gave it back, with 18k on it, it was quite loud, but it took until about 5k to really do it regularly.
  8. DSG stick

I think he wants something like the Leon had, slam the stick to the left and it was a 'manual' shift up and down.
  9. Cracked rear lights under warranty?

Might be an idea for the owners to back off the torque on the bolts a little if there is access, however on the Leon that had this issue there was no bolts, the unit was clipped in, well away from the lens itself. I tried having mine replaced under warranty, even used evidence from this site...
  10. Lease delivery times

Some lease companies have in stock cars right now. I ordered on Monday and should get it in 4 weeks. The car exists, and by all accounts is at the docks, due to the dealer by 13th Jul, maybe even sooner. My previous Leon Cupra was a little quicker than they said. Of course as an in stock car I...
  11. Cracked rear lights under warranty?

This seems to be a seat issue. The mk3.5 Leon Cupra had issues with cracked upper brake lights. Some got them replaced under warranty, but most didnt.
  12. When did you order, when is it arriving?

Mine is a lease and is an In stock car. Due to dealer on 13/07/22, so should be with me by the end of July.
  13. Service at the end of lease

Maybe, but is it worth the risk? If its a 3 year lease then the warranty is also up, no warranty and no service.. hmm. I assume the OP has MOT'ed the car? Im also slightly confused, if the car was due to go back in April, wouldn't the service be also due in April?
  14. Service at the end of lease

If its due for a service or MOT you will have to do it. You only dont have to if the car is actually not due on the date you return it.
  15. Leon went back, but might return to Cupra where its safe (I hate Ford)

So my 2019 Cupra 290 EZ went back a few weeks ago, I miss it terribly. In January I ordered a Fiesta 155 mhev to replace it. It was cheap, had a short lead time and would be far better on fuel. Not the same, but a Cupra of decent power was WAY too much money, most other cars had horribly long...
  16. Well, the car has gone..

So my lease is over and the car has gone back, the inspection guy missed every thing, including a small dent and paint breach on the bonnet that appeared on recent weeks. He was confused by the service history print out and said he could only see one service, but we both have copies of the...
  17. How hard is Seat paint?

Im ust going to try it on the bottom underside of a door first, if it removes the sanding there ill risk it.
  18. How hard is Seat paint?

My Cupra goes back next week, much to my distress, but it does need a bit of a polish and some light wet sanding on a few marks. I have a polishing machine (a DAS 6 Pro) and a cutting pad, and Im going to use Gyeon Q2M Polish, which is medium cut. I have wet sanded before, but Im not sure how...
  19. Fitting Cupra hactch upper brake light

Cant really drop them inside on the cupra, they overhang the window on the outside, that was what confused me the first time i read the service manual. I was reading it as if the whole thing was about the standard small spoiler. The Cupra is very different.
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.