Search results

1. Cupra Care at seat dealer

I dont seem to be able to find an answer to this online. My Formentor is a lease, not with Cupra directly though. My local dealer is SMC Seat Exeter, but they arent a 'Cupra' retailer. I assume they will service it fine, but do they sell, or recognise Cupra care? Its a lot cheaper than Seats...
  2. Leon went back, but might return to Cupra where its safe (I hate Ford)

So my 2019 Cupra 290 EZ went back a few weeks ago, I miss it terribly. In January I ordered a Fiesta 155 mhev to replace it. It was cheap, had a short lead time and would be far better on fuel. Not the same, but a Cupra of decent power was WAY too much money, most other cars had horribly long...
  3. Well, the car has gone..

So my lease is over and the car has gone back, the inspection guy missed every thing, including a small dent and paint breach on the bonnet that appeared on recent weeks. He was confused by the service history print out and said he could only see one service, but we both have copies of the...
  4. How hard is Seat paint?

My Cupra goes back next week, much to my distress, but it does need a bit of a polish and some light wet sanding on a few marks. I have a polishing machine (a DAS 6 Pro) and a cutting pad, and Im going to use Gyeon Q2M Polish, which is medium cut. I have wet sanded before, but Im not sure how...
  5. Fitting Cupra hactch upper brake light

Has anyone done this? It doesnt look as simple as for the non-cupra, which just pops out.
  6. Upper rear brake light lens

The brake light integrated into the spoiler of my Cupra is broken. No idea how. Does anyone know the part number, or if its the same on the Cupra as it is on the other models?
  7. Service intervals.. Again

So my Cupra is on fixed term servicing and should be due in June. The first service was on 17th Jun last year. Its now already saying the inspection service is due in 25 days and an oil service is due in 86 days. Whats going on with these timings? Its not getting the service unil 21st Jun...
  8. British roads are ruining my enjoyment of this car

My god they are just so awful. Ive been trying going a little further afield to find nice drives, and failing. Roads I used to like 10 years ago are horrible now. So rutted and broken up that the car tramlines, bucks and kicks like an angry bull. Even in a straight line its pointless because...
  9. Lesson learned (that I should already have known)

So I had a set of PS4S fitted and being untrusting of kwik-fit I checked the tyre pressures at my local Morrisons. Wow, 45PSI? thats stupid, so set them to my preferred 39/36 and went on my way. Spent a few weeks only in town so didnt really think much of it but was disappointed with the way the...
  10. Car back from repair. Gearbox seal?

Just got my Cupra DSG (19plate) back from a warranty repair. At the service an oil leak was found, dripping from the gearbox/engine joint. Been with them since thursday and they said it was a seal 'between gearbox and diff'. The oil seemed like engine oil to me, but whatever. They didnt really...
  11. Service indicator changes mind

My Cupra is due for its first service and I booked it last week when the indicator was at 40 days. The nearest date I could get was 20th July. The indicator however is constantly moving back and forth. At the beginning of this week it was up to 42 days, now its at 28 days. I assume this is...
  12. Mazuma scammers

Sent my old phone off to them, a Galaxy S8+ for recycling. Phone is in excellent condition so it should all be OK right? Nope. Got an email back saying its 'damaged', bad screen burn they said. Well its not got any screen burn at all, I checked that before sending. The priced offered dropped by...
  13. Standing start

This may have been covered before, but whats your best standing start strategy in the FWD DSG Cupra? I rarely do hard starts, but when I have ive just mashed the throttle and there is a long pause, wheel spin and then hard thrust. Lesser cars get away better. Im thinking that turning off TC is...
  14. Stone chip concerns

I love my Cupra, but being a lease car im having concerns about the level of stone chipping already present. The car is only 8 months old and it already has about 15 clearly noticeable chips after just 4500miles. Im keeping on top of them with a touch up kit, but still its going to take a bit...
  15. Good service from Alloy insurer

Being a div I managed to kerb one of the Cupra alloys at the weekend. I took out alloy insurance with Tidyalloys when I got the car so made a claim. It was £199 for 3 years cover, up to 6 claims a year (1 wheel is one claim). Super easy, they arranged a local alloy repairer to phone me and that...
  16. 2 Cupras in Exeter

So far ive seen a white 3dr 64 plate 280 driving around quite often, and a Mystery blue with plate YA19 at Exeter St David station. Was either you?
  17. Anyone fitted these copper inserts wraps?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Eaziwrap-Seat-Leon-MK3-5-Cupra-Bumper-Inlay-Vinyl-Sticker-COPPER-Best-Match/254342100186?hash=item3b37f874da:g:SrQAAOSwLKZddusc I think they look ok, and if nothing else will help prevent paint chips.
  18. Wrap prices getting silly?

I wanted a paint protection wrap on the front bumper only of my Cupra, mainly because its a lease and only 2 months in already has 2 chips. So far ive had 3 quotes all in the £350-400 range. Am I going insane or is that just daft? I can get it resprayed for less than that if need be, and a wrap...
  19. DirectLine.. Useless or just me?

So My current insurance is with Directline, and its among the cheapest quotes for my Astra. Ive tried all day to add my Cupra to a multicar policy since I have to keep the Astra for 2 months. First DLs website seems to make multicar all but impossible because it explains nothing about NCD...
  20. Uninsured car on the road

I hated doing it, but I just reported a van on my road for not having insurance (I checked on AskMID). The thing has been left there by a guy who is using it as 'storage' and doesn't even live near my road. Parking here is as always, tight. Anyway the Police said it wasn't illegal to have an...
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.