Search results

1. Water leak- passenger side

Hmmm, I didnt specifically test that bit, I'll try and have a look this week. Thanks for potentially saving me a very expensive dealership trip!
  2. Water leak- passenger side

Nice one, thanks. It doesn't look like an easy fix then. I'll book mine into the garage on Monday, because I've already spent way more time than I'd like to admit looking for this leak. I'll let you know the outcome if they find it.
  3. Water leak- passenger side

I know I'm bringing up a post from a year ago, but did you ever find the cause of this? Because I'm having an issue in the same place
  4. water ingress into drivers footwell

I don't have access unfortunately. I've tried one last ditch effort to seal the area underneath the drain hole under the scuttle tray. Someone on the golfmk7 pages seemed to have a similar leak, so it's worth a shot...
  5. water ingress into drivers footwell

Ignore the above, I was getting ahead of myself. It rained. It leaked. Back to the hose pipe tomorrow 😂
  6. water ingress into drivers footwell

Once it finally stopped raining, I was able to find roughly where it was leaking by aiming a hose at specific parts of the car, starting as low as I could get and working my way up. This led me to the area directly under the wipers, and under the scuttle tray, where there is a large drain hole...
  7. Rain water in the footwell behind the passenger seat help

First thing I'd do is wipe all around the door with a towel and remove any damp or old watermarks. Then either get a mate with a hose, or go through a carwash and watch. The problem with water is that just because it pools in one place, it does not necessarily mean that's where it's coming in...
  8. water ingress into drivers footwell

Thanks, I've heard this can be a problem with some replacement windscreens. Thanks for the suggestion
  9. water ingress into drivers footwell

That's annoying! That's exactly what was happening to me originally, it was all pooling in the rear. I THINK I've found and fixed it now. It seems to be a rivet causing the problem under the scuttle panel. I'll try and write up a guide if I get a chance, if anyone else has the same problem
  10. water ingress into drivers footwell

Thanks for the reply, I was getting all the stuff together to give it a quick clean and silicone the area, but when I got to it, there was a constant stream of water coming from the area, so I don't think the sealant will stick until I've stopped the leak. Ive pumped the puddle out again and...
  11. water ingress into drivers footwell

I've got a problem with rain water pooling in my front drivers side footwell. I've had a search on the forums and ruled a couple of things out, but left the car with the carpets up overnight and come back to a puddle 1.5cm deep thismorning. It's raining now and I want to try and get the leak...
  12. ESC Switch Retrofit

No I haven't, that seems like the most obvious place to start 😂 I didnt realise dealer's sold parts to the general public, I thought they only supplied parts if they did the work q Cheers 👍
  13. ESC Switch Retrofit

Where can you buy the switch in the UK? I typed in the part number in Google, but not much came up and those that did come up weren't British sites so will probably involve paying import tax etc
  14. deeper understanding of modifications

Thanks for the replys guys. I'm still interested in how it all works, even if I can't get much more power out of my own car
  15. Little rubber hose on air box keeps blowing off

That just links to a "we couldn't find your page" :(
  16. deeper understanding of modifications

So, it doesnt matter what I do to it, it will always stay the same amount of power whilst running the current map? Even if for example I got the uprated turbo etc it would always stay at the 245hp it's at now, until it got mapped in?
  17. deeper understanding of modifications

I bought a 1.8 fr about a month ago and have already had the thing remapped (aprox 245hp on a flash tune). Now I'm looking at other mods to do, but I'm after a deeper knowledge of how it all works before I dive in and start tinkering with things I don't understand. Mainly around mapping. I've...
  18. Carista App

I'm glad it's not just me that it annoys. I had an Ibiza before the leon and it did the same thing. It seems stupid they'd let the wipers move before any screen wash is on the screen. I'd definitely be interested in an answer to this too!
  19. 2017+ FR standard equipment

It's funny, there are lots of little bits that I don't like about the ibiza. It's a good car and all, but it's the little things. Things like the headlight design, there isn't grab handles for the passengers, no lights on the roof for rear passengers, you have to use your key to unlock the fuel...
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.