Search results

1. Seat Leon ST Sound deadening luggage

Not sure if there's an easier way, removed back seats, removed bolt for seat belt and then there's 2 screws on the trim. Be careful when screwing them back in, I had too much foam behind the panel and ended up stripping the thread Fed the belt through the trim and removed it
  2. what did you and your mk3 leon do today

He'd parked his bike on a bridge above the road and when I noticed him he was pointing his radar gun at me. About the road markers, we had some going from a 60 to 30 because it was around some bends and if you didn't know the area you have a bit of trouble. When they brought in the 20 limit...
  3. what did you and your mk3 leon do today

In Wales but I think SAC is out of the question, its a toss up between Band A or B. Only issue with B is potential ban, which hopefully it won't come to
  4. what did you and your mk3 leon do today

First offence and it has a 60 limit.
  5. what did you and your mk3 leon do today

Pretty sure I got caught speeding. Since growing wiser, I'm normally fixated on MPG and never speed, the one time I speed I get caught. No complaints as I know I did wrong, just hoping it's a Band A and not Band B, speedo was reading 81. Morale of the story: Save it for a track day
  6. what did you and your mk3 leon do today

Interesting that you mention the speed sensor. Mine has been fine but the missus' one had it replaced 6 months ago and it's failed already. Hers has ACC(gray sensor), mine doesn't.
  7. what did you and your mk3 leon do today

Mine did the same today. In 5 years of ownership I've just done the usual brakes, tyres and services. 83k and still going strong, where are all the oldies with "they don't make cars like they used to"
  8. 2.0TDI 150 remap? How is economy affected?

My cousin has a Golf 2.0 150 and has had it mapped, his fuel economy is insanely good. I drove it once for about 35 miles on 60 roads and had about 58/59mpg. Could probably squeeze a bit more with some gentle driving. For reference we've got a 2.,0 184 that's mapped and the fuel economy is...
  9. what did you and your mk3 leon do today

Did a bit of fault finding on the blue one, ABS sensor on the other side this time. Also noticed the airbag module has fault: "Component protection active" Popped up last week, anyone had anything similar?
  10. what did you and your mk3 leon do today

Tell them the legal limit is 1.6mm and to jog on
  11. what did you and your mk3 leon do today

Drove to work and this happened...
  12. 1.4TSI slow heater

Firstly I want to start by saying I also have a 2.0tdi which had the heater matrix issue, this doesn't seem to be the same. So the 2 left sided vents start producing hot air once my coolant warms up, then the centre right vent starts putting out a bit of warmth. The right side vent has no...
  13. How much Has car insurance gone up

Had my renewal this week with Adrian Flux, went from £380 to 494. Bit of a jump but the second cheapest I could find with all modifications declared was around £850, plus the Flex Drive option is nice to have.
  14. 2.0TDI excessive oil consumption

UPDATE: Done about 5000 miles since and the issue has returned. Car is using about 1L every 800 miles or so, not really sure where to go next with this. Was running perfect up until last week and just started drinking oil again. I could keep changing the diaphragm every 6 months at a cost of...
  15. what did you and your mk3 leon do today

After realising that the first one isn't the Westbury near Shrewsbury, yes it is :LOL: Still around 3 hours there. If you lookup barmouth on maps you'll get a rough idea of how awkward it is living in this part of Wales I'll keep an eye out for a cheap one and if nothing comes up in the next...
  16. what did you and your mk3 leon do today

North Wales. I searched eBay a lot early and that never came up. About 2 hours drive so might go for it. Thanks
  17. what did you and your mk3 leon do today

Went in for 2 new tyres and an oil change, left needing 2 rear callipers, a sump and a new wheel. The sump has corrosion and a slow leak, and the wheel is buckled on the inside, presumably from a pothole So if anyone is selling an 18" from an FR drop me a message:ROFLMAO:
  18. Tuto : How to install a new Autoradio (with different speaker pattern).

Really nice guide, couple of questions. You said you didn't need the extension cable, so the cable will reach the connectors in the glove box easily? How is the sound quality compared to the standard system? And how long does it take to power on and how responsive is the unit?
  19. what did you and your mk3 leon do today

I haven't checked but I imagine if they haven't been updated then will still show 30. On my drive into work all the signs were still 30 and on the drive home 20. And because there's certain roads that have exceptions for the change it's confusing some people. Had an old guy shout at me for not...
  20. what did you and your mk3 leon do today

Today. It's painfully slow, I understand having it around schools but in most places it's stupid
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members