Search results

1. Damo

Mods for custom stage 2, advice please

This won't make a jot of difference to the map, but some good brakes are recommended! :) Not sure why you need the Golf 180 injectors, though. I've been on K03S since 70K miles (now at 160K) and have been using the standard injectors without issue. Same goes for the actuator.
  2. Damo

Whats a mk3 cupra worth these days?

Not that I'm intending to sell mine, I've also wondered about the value of them currently. Mines the same spec as yours but I'm not sure this'll really add much, if anything at all to the value. My mileage is a bit higher than yours, currently just over 160k. I'm thinking about the £2K sort...
  3. Damo

AmD Rolling Road Day, March 22nd 2015

'01 Mk3 Blue Ibiza Cupra 220bhp 285lb-ft torque Bang on the money for mine Very enjoyable day if a touch chilly :)
  4. Damo

Cranking but non start!

Could be a number of things but if it cranks but won't fire, it could be any of the following.... Spark plugs Coolant temp sensor Ignition coils Engine speed sensor (G28) Have you hooked up VAGcom at all to see if there's any codes? That's the place to start.
  5. Damo

Carbon bonnet sourceing?

Mine had no holes cut out for the washer jets either. What a fiddly job that was to do (no dremmel, just a file and a sharp knife, lol).
  6. Damo

Handling

The spacers will help the back end feel more stable but your alloy wheel size, offset and tyre size will determine how wide the spacer needs to be. 20mm spacers work well on standard alloys but if your car is lowered a lot, they may rub on the arches. I've got coilovers on mine and 17x7" OZ's...
  7. Damo

Handling

I've got front upper and lower and a rear upper and tbh they're not going to make a massive difference, a difference yes, but they won't cure the understeer. Anti-roll bars will make a bigger difference. I've got no experience of these myself but others on here that have had them fitted speak...
  8. Damo

Car starting mystery!

I'd be checking your alternator as well. Worth checking this asap otherwise it'll be call up to the RAC or AA etc if it gives up while you're out and about (as it did for me on the way back from Edition 38).
  9. Damo

Blue Cupra Spotted in Weybridge

That is until you join the darkside!:bleh:
  10. Damo

Cheers Joe. I live in Addlestone, so just the other side of Woking from you. I don't suppose you've got a friend with a red Pug 306? It's just that I've bumped into this chap twice, once at Brooklands Tesco, the other at the Shell garage in Weybridge. Each time he's come over to chat about...
  11. Damo

Has anyone owned their Ibiza from new?

Bought mine brand new in 2001. 127,000 miles later and it runs like new.
  12. Damo

Hi! Yeah that was probably me :). As JB says it's real cf.
  13. Damo

Fault code 16804

Just noticed you've started a new thread so ignore this, you've got the same answers.
  14. Damo

Fault code 16804

With a decat, the only way I know of getting rid of the code is by getting the post cat sensor mapped out. I've read about wayne angle blocks as well but I'm not sure if this'll work with a decat. I never actually resolved the issue, it kind of resolved itself somehow. I no longer get the code...
  15. Damo

SPEC Stage 3+ Clutch - does this look normal?

Excellent! Thanks for confirming that for me Keith. That sorts that one out. Looks like I can sell it after all. Cheers again Keith.
  16. Damo

Cheers Keith. I know it might have been asking the obvious, it's just that nothing fell out of the bell housing when it was removed and thought it was also strange that the prongs were exactly opposite each other and had smooth edges where they've sheared off.
  17. Damo

st10587 (girl friends) Seat Arosa 1.4 tdi s - Whiteline Rear Anti Roll Bar Fitted!!!

lol @ discussions. It would really finish off the look of it and would be a shame not to do it. Keep hold of the bolts until Edition mate. I'll see if I can offload them to someone there.
  18. Damo

st10587 (girl friends) Seat Arosa 1.4 tdi s - Whiteline Rear Anti Roll Bar Fitted!!!

No problem mate. The wheels suit the car a treat! Makes it look much more aggressive. Could do with being lowered though, especially at the rear. Did you need the locking nuts in the end?
  19. Damo

I was going to sell this clutch but it looks like 2 of the prongs are snapped. The thing is, the edges where the prongs used to be look clean and don't like they've sheared off. It's looks to me like they've either been removed on purpose or the clutch was made this way. Can anyone confirm...
  20. Damo

show us your ko3s resaults

You mean this one...... 250 bhp / 309lb ft I'd have to say the rollers were a bit optimistic really. If I had a standard car and were to mod it all over again, I'd probably go straight for the hybrid set up. I won't bother with it now as the cost far outweighs the gains, plus the...
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.