Search results

1. Kerbed diamond cut alloy!

Ha I considered using quotes around "repair" too... I understand that diamond cut should be cut properly on a lathe, but I didn't want to and couldn't afford the cost of a refurb, unless someone can point me to somewhere that will do lathe repairs in Leicestershire, for next time.
  2. Kerbed diamond cut alloy!

Got my wheel repaired today for £35. Not that impressed tbh, hopefully when I've cleaned the wheel it will be less noticeable. You can see in the photos how they've smoothened the edge profile of the rim through sanding, I guess that's all you can do for a quick repair, but at least it's been...
  3. 2016 Cupra 290 exhaust note... Where is it?

So I've spent a few weeks trying to see what's going on here, and I can now hear some nice little pops! Some things I've done: Disabled soundaktor - can now hear exhaust itself Individual mode - engine set to Cupra (or whatever the sportiest setting is for the engine), I guess Cupra mode would...
  4. Retrofit heated wing mirrors??

I didn't realise mine had heated mirrors until I read a similar thread on here. You can't see the symbol from the drivers seat!
  5. Kerbed diamond cut alloy!

I'd love to know more about the technique, you might think it's dead straight forward . What polishing stone? I've never used them before.
  6. Kerbed diamond cut alloy!

Really? Sounds like the kind of thing where I'd end up making it worse Do you have links to the materials you used? I've never used polishing stones, is it hand polished? What lacquer?
  7. Kerbed diamond cut alloy!

Did this this morning on the way to Park run, I knew the rain was a sign I should have stayed in bed. So gutted, just a split second of impatience in a car park is going to cost me. Looking for decent wheel repair in south Leicestershire now anyone know any where? People have recommended wheel...
  8. Best wheel cleaner? (Cupra 290)

Thanks, that's a relief, hopefully I can get it off - gonna be a long job, there's about 100 of these little corners . I do have one small patch of blistering on the machined surface, I expect there's not much I can do other than not make it worse!
  9. Best wheel cleaner? (Cupra 290)

Sorry for crap photo. I've wiped some dust away and you can see the problem area right in the corner.
  10. Anyone else's Leon take forever to clear the windscreen?

I get a lot of condensation around the bottom left of the windscreen (RHD). Might try some silica bags too, thanks.
  11. Space saver Cupra 2019

I've got a space saver in my 290, when I get chance I will have to check it fits and is the correct size. Good point about the diff on the front!
  12. Best wheel cleaner? (Cupra 290)

Yep they're a right pain to get in the nooks and crannies! Other than cleaner, what equipment go you use for cleaning these wheels?
  13. Best wheel cleaner? (Cupra 290)

I have the same wheels as OP, there is some corrosion in every "spoke" on the black surface in the corners. I'll try and get some photos, but any idea how I can get that off? It looks a bit like brake dust but it's very hard and baked on. I use an EZ detail brush, a mitt, some light citrus...
  14. Boot liner

The one I mentioned above has no scent
  15. Insurance increase!

I was with Aviva previously, but the renewal was crazy. I switched to admiral in the end, and we use their multi car discount.
  16. Boot liner

I use this one https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SEAT-LEON-mk3-HATCHBACK-2013-up-Boot-tray-liner-car-mat-Heavy-Duty-SE101425/331758595332?pageci=15cdd32d-73be-4710-a826-a281c3cacb80 It's like a foamy material. Great for the price.
  17. Black Cupra Flags

Thanks, but it's all one colour, comes out like a matte black, must be the lighting!
  18. Black Cupra Flags

I plasti-dipped mine. I didn't spray the 290 on the rear, just the flag, but I think it looks ok.
  19. Ethanol blend fuel

Just realised you're in NZ, I've never seen a blend available in the UK.
  20. Ethanol blend fuel

Can you use an ethanol blend with no map?
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.