Search results

1. 1.5 tsi ongoing problems, please help

Characteristic - is SEAT’s interpretation of a flawed engine that no one seems to know how to fix….
  2. 1.5 tsi ongoing problems, please help

Yeah it looks like like they want their cake and eat it… they should be doing you a better deal than that but to be fair they are holding all the cards… the 1.4 150 is a sweet engine in every way a better and more compliant engine than the 1.5 130. But before you do any deals have you done a WBC...
  3. Cornering front fog lights

Seat used the same excuses for the seat arona basically as a cover up to the fact they cheaped out but not fitting LED fogs, Everything below Fr has cornering lights as they have halogen head lights all models Fr and above have LED head lights so no corner function
  4. Cornering front fog lights

From memory my 15plate Fr didn’t have cornering lights, this was because Seat uk in the wisdom made up some b@lls*@t excuse that you could not have the LED head lights (white) and have halogen fog lights (yellowish) used for Corning lights as this would breech some EU regulations and confuse...
  5. 1.5 tsi ongoing problems, please help

To be honest having owned a 1.5 130 myself I could not think of a worse engine to have after a 2.0 TDi - the 1.5 130 is an absolute wimp of an engine with just 200Nm torque the same as the smaller 1.0 115bhp 3 cylinder block (albeit the 1.0 is more characterful and nicer to live with than the...
  6. 1.5 tsi ongoing problems, please help

Not all 1.5 150’s are affected, I have a friend with a T-roc with the 1.5 150 and he’s had the software patches/updates and said the car is livelier and better to drive but still has some hesitation from cold, but not as bad as before. Also I haven’t (yet) seen anyone on the mk4 forum mention...
  7. 1.5 tsi ongoing problems, please help

Yeah I was dropping 25 horses initially, and I did that with my eyes wides open... took 2 test drives in the 1.4 125 - one was an extended keep the car for the rest of the day type and give it a good run about and yes noticeable drop compared to the 1.4 150, but a comprise I could live with...
  8. 1.5 tsi ongoing problems, please help

Yeap, staggering that they are blatantly ignoring the issue, yes they’re have been software fixes that may have in some cases helped - In my 1.5 130 it didn’t, and every time the dealership either denied it was a problem or said they are awaiting a fix that VW are working on or said they’d...
  9. 1.5 tsi ongoing problems, please help

I empathise with you on this one, I owned from new a facelift 2018 (68) Leon FR 1.5(130) from new, had issues from day one, returned to dealership in first week with the issue of hesitation and kangaroo, they denied issue and fobbed me off with driving style etc.. after 18 months of ownership...
  10. Maybe an end in sight for Kangaroo jerking...

Well done you for battling through and getting the result you wanted, I’m sure it wasn’t easy. It’s been just over a month since I rid myself of my 1.5 130 and as the mornings are becoming colder I’m so glad.... it’s surprising how good it feels to drive down the street without a hop skip and a...
  11. Cupra 290 - Noise when driving/braking

i was honestly sceptical that it would work but has definitely made a difference, the sub frame is basically the same on all the MQB platform with the independent rear suspension, just have a look for the pre- drilled holes i if they are there it will fit. VAG designed it for the MK5 golf but...
  12. Cupra 290 - Noise when driving/braking

Hi interesting that you mentioned the noise is around 40-50 mph, as have the same issue with my golf gti mk7.5 which has basically the same rear suspension set up as the Cupra, I will be checking my tyres tomorrow for the saw tooth as I had put it down to the noisy Bridgestones VW put on. I...
  13. Maybe an end in sight for Kangaroo jerking...

Sorry to say he’s likely to be lying to you, I’m not saying every 1.5 150 is effected, but it’s naive of him to suggest he’s never heard of the issue. If I were you I would have a read of honest John website and look for the VW 1.5 hesitation issues - they were pretty much the only motoring...
  14. Maybe an end in sight for Kangaroo jerking...

You may well be one of the lucky ones, it was explained by my dealership early on that was the kangaroo issues I was having that the differed to the issues effected 1.5 150. They are different engines not just a detuned version of the same engine. They went on to say that the 1.5 130 issues...
  15. Maybe an end in sight for Kangaroo jerking...

Yeap know what you mean, I have stuck with petrol as its more suited to our habits, also stuck with manual despite trying the DSG, but that’s a personal preference. I have gone for a used Golf Gti 350Nm of torque so a massive improvement over the Leon in terms of performance!!:footysup:
  16. Maybe an end in sight for Kangaroo jerking...

An end has come..... So after nearly 23 months my kangaroo nightmare is over ..... it’s gone - traded out.;) i wouldn’t say the Leon have been all bad but I just couldn’t live with paying that money every month for something that left me exacerbated at times and essentially disappointed so it...
  17. The new SEAT Leon range introduces 4 new trims including FR Sport and XCELLENCE Lux

i agree, I’m struggling too, as much as hate and I do mean hate the Mk3 facelift I have (based purely on the god awful 1.5 130 engine, otherwise I like it), I just can’t bring myself to buy the mk 4, the styling is ‘meh’ and the interior isn’t much better for me either... and as you said the £2k...
  18. New Leon mk4 thoughts

overtaking requires 3 weeks notice in writing.... and when you do drop the cogs the engine is loud and and unrefined. one of the worst engines in what otherwise is a good car, came from the old 1.4 150 act and they are worlds apart in performance and driving enjoyment.
  19. SEAT Leon Review (2020)

I actually cancelled my test drive in the new Leon today.... that sums up my lack of excitement with it. The more reviews I read/watch the less I like it, I like the exterior styling except the front end is too generic. The interior is to minimalistic and I just cannot be bothered with all...
  20. SEAT Leon Review (2020)

Tend to agree with most parts, Front end, from a distance is it a Mazda 3, and i30 or Leon... ? To give the golf some credit it’s ugly but you not gonna confuse it with anything else. I actually like the rear end but don’t like the centre brake light being so low - reminds me of the mk2 Toledo...
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise