Search results

1. New Formentor

I got a 2 year old 1.5 V2 about 2 months ago. There has been a couple of minor infotainment glitches so I spent about £30 updating the software myself to the latest version which seems to have sorted it and made it lag slightly less. Apart from that it’s been great so far and my dealer has...
  2. Leon Mk3 SC Thule Roof Bars

Thule roof bars that have been on a Seat Leon SC (3 door model between 2013 - 2018) for less than a year. Bought brand new from Seat at a cost of approximately £200. Both bars are 130cm long. May fit other 3 door models of Leon such as the Leon Cupra (prior to 2020). Selling due to no longer...
  3. Spotify Apple CarPlay

Thanks. I’ve had a look in my settings but can’t see anything obvious, it’s probably right in front of me but can’t seem to find the button to switch it off!
  4. Spotify Apple CarPlay

I’m not sure if I’m doing something wrong or if I have some sort of software glitch but if I have been using Apple CarPlay to use Spotify then every time I get into the car after this it tries to play the last song from Spotify when the phone connects to the car. If I want the radio on then it...
  5. FR ACT 1.4 Tapping while Cruising

Could it possibly be the ACT kicking in? So when you’re just cruising along it will be running on the 2 cylinders and then when you accelerate up the hill the 4 cylinders will come back on again. Does the eco symbol come on the dashboard when the noise starts. I know my Leon that has the same...
  6. Full link activation

Yes that’s the same location as my USB port. If I remember right I’m sure the dealer had to also fit a different connector to the end of the wire to make it fit onto the new USB connector. Here is a guide for the washer jets...
  7. Full link activation

I’m not sure if it’s any faster to be honest, it apparently has a chip in it that allows it to work with Apple devices so yours should be fine if only using android. Mine has the USB and Aux in front of the gear stick in the dashboard. Rear sensors show up once reverse is engaged. I only have...
  8. Full link activation

Seems like a really good price! I also have a 2016 Leon and I paid about £180 in total to get it activated as it needed an upgraded USB connector to allow Apple CarPlay to work. I have activated the option to display the sensors on my dash myself using Carista. That cost me about £20 to buy and...
  9. Drivers seat wear repair (recommendations)

I have just noticed this small tear on the side bolsters as well so would also be interested in any ideas on how to fix it?
  10. what did you and your mk3 leon do today

Went for a 230 mile roadtrip....shame about the weather!
  11. 5F0035020V and Full Link?

My understanding of it was that only MIB2 units could be activated. I had mine activated so it must have been a MIB2 unit. I had the hardware, software etc shown in the picture. I think the first two letters of the hardware (5F or 5Q) tell your which unit you have
  12. Mirror Link / Apple car play

I recently had full link activated in my 2016 1.4 FR. It cost me in total about £180 (approximately €215) which included the fee of £150 to activate the software and a new connector at the back of the USB port to support Apple CarPlay. Android Auto worked without the connector but Apple CarPlay...
  13. Creaking noise

Doesn’t sound like the same noise then, good luck finding the source, creaks drive me crazy!
  14. Creaking noise

What area of the car are the creaks coming from? I have a 16 plate FR SC and the whole car felt like it was creaking when reversing up my driveway. Found it to be the rubber seals on each door. Cleaned the rubbers using Autoglym vinyl and rubber care a few weeks ago and problem solved so far
  15. Full Link Activation 2016 FR

Just got the new USB port fitted and it’s now working perfectly. The wiring going into the USB port also needed a different connector to fit into the updated port. Dealer (Fife Seat) waived the fee for the new USB port and connector, guessing because I had to go back and forward a few times...
  16. Full Link Activation 2016 FR

Tried various different cables including one which the dealer gave me for free to try and sort the problem but with no luck. I was in the dealer this morning who have looked into it again and said I need a new connector behind the USB port to enable Apple Carplay. They are fitting it for free...
  17. Full Link Activation 2016 FR

That’s the thread I was thinking of. Seems strange they would give you the option to put an activation code in for Full Link but not fit the correct USB port to support Apple Carplay even though Android Auto works
  18. Full Link Activation 2016 FR

They didn’t change the USB port, it’s the same one as was in the car when I bought it in June. I thought I read that post a while back but couldn’t find it when I had a look for it earlier. I did mention it to the dealer but they weren’t sure so presumably are going to speak to Seat Tech...
  19. Full Link Activation 2016 FR

Hi, joined the forum back in June but not needed to post anything until today. Today I went to my local Seat dealer and had full link activated at a cost of about £150. I have a pre-facelift Leon FR (not sure what name that head unit comes under, MIB1 etc?). Anyway, after it was activated Apple...
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members