Search results

1. SkipJack_NL

Cupra 4 buildlog

Thank you. Ok, some more: Yes, this madlad is putting a towbar on his Cupra. Next up is doing the wiring, and punching a hole in the rear bumper that I can close nicely so I can take the hitch off and not be left with a gaping hole in the bumper.
  2. SkipJack_NL

Sun Visor interchangeability

Hey guys, can anyone conform the sun visors are interchangeable with the Leon 1P. And when we're at it, what about the roof handles? I'm asking because it is way easier to find black 1P interior stuff.
  3. SkipJack_NL

Cupra 4 buildlog

I'd appreciate that, thanks in advance!
  4. SkipJack_NL

Cupra 4 buildlog

Thank you! Today I took the time to hook up the vent lights, gear knob lights and install the head unit. I had to modify the bezel to make it fit. I drilled a couple holes and screwed the mounting plates to the OEM DIN housing, this gives me plenty of adjustment room and it is sturdy AF...
  5. SkipJack_NL

Cupra 4 buildlog

Hi guys! I haven't posted in a loooong while, life has been pretty crazy...but we're here to see cars, not discuss life, let's get to it! Due to a lack of time I haven't done nearly as much as I wanted but I did do the following: - I fixed the air conditioning by changing the pressure switch...
  6. SkipJack_NL

Cupra 4 buildlog

So I took the RH rear wheel off again today, the shock top mount seems to be OK, it's just that the bolt has play in de mounting hole, I don't think that explains the clunking though. I also found some chafe-marks on the shock, it seems to hit the handbrake bracket sometimes: Also the...
  7. SkipJack_NL

Cupra 4 buildlog

Thanks! I will try this today, thanks for the tip!
  8. SkipJack_NL

Cupra 4 buildlog

I did some work today, not as much as I wanted as it started raining pretty badly and my workshop is a mess atm so I couldn't work inside. I changed the oil, installed a new oilfilter (old one was nasty!!) and I changed the interior filter, it must have been the original...so nasty! Also I...
  9. SkipJack_NL

Cupra 4 buildlog

Well....I don't know, I think that will be a bit too much on the Leon :clap: Thank you! Tomorrow I'm going to do some big maintenance; Oils, Filters, cleaning, bushings, etc. I drove the car yesterday with two people in the back and there is a loud clonking noise coming from the rear RH wheel...
  10. SkipJack_NL

Cupra 4 buildlog

Thank you guys for the warm welcome! Updates coming soon!
  11. SkipJack_NL

Cupra 4 buildlog

Hey guys, I am new here. I am Skip (not my real name) from the Netherlands, my big passion has always been motorcycles and have had a lot of them, but now I own my first fast car, and I love it. So I bought a Leon Cupra 4 with the well known 2.8L VR6, it's got 186K kilometers on the clock and...
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members