Search results

1. ReddStripe

Cruise Control Stalk, from 2 to 3 paddles?

Parking sensors are different to the radar in the front lower grill of the car. That one detects a collision and tells you if you’re driving too close to the car in front. If you’re going to crash it will make the car brake (not sure that has ever been tested though). The Driver Assist Button...
  2. ReddStripe

Cruise Control Stalk, from 2 to 3 paddles?

This swap should work fine. Unlikely to require any wiring changes if you already have cruise control. You might need to swap the central ring over from your current part though. There will be some coding changes required in the steering module to tell the module you have the driver assistance...
  3. ReddStripe

Seat Leon ST Towbar

Ok finally found my notes. I have both VCDS and OBDEleven. If you find someone who is seasoned with these tools then this will mean something to them. The coding for the towbar install for me was as follows (2019 year, 68 plate facelift): 19 – Gateway Installation List > Add the trailer module...
  4. ReddStripe

Seat Leon ST Towbar

Is your car pre facelift?
  5. ReddStripe

Seat Leon ST Towbar

If you’re buying dedicated electrics then the fitting guide for the wiring kit will come with the coding changes required. If you look on the relevant manufacturers website for the fitting guide they will be there. I fitted the SEAT tow module and wiring. If you’re going SEAT route I can post...
  6. ReddStripe

Towbar Seat Leon 5F hatchback cutout/hole

Here you go. The original picture cropped and contrast adjusted.
  7. ReddStripe

what did you and your mk3 leon do today

Great work. I'm just waiting for my loom to arrive from Ali having got the valves and ECU. Out of interest where did you mount the vehicle antenna and which orientation did you got for?
  8. ReddStripe

Part Numbers enclosed

Hello. May I please have a price including delivery to mainland UK for: 8V0012007 - Trailer hitch cover 8V5867749 - Strap Thanks, Steve
  9. ReddStripe

Seat Leon ST Towbar

If Carista can change coding/adaptions then yes it can. I coded my own towbar myself using VCDS. OBDeleven will certainly work as well. None of these devices have an automatic one click process. They will require several separate module adjustments.
  10. ReddStripe

Permanent Fuse

No worries. Yeah that is the only issue with making F40 permanently live. Anything left plugged in will keep drawing power.
  11. ReddStripe

Permanent Fuse

I’m using piggybacks on fuse 40 (in the upper position) for permanent live and 47 for the ignition live. Fuse 40 is for the cigarette lighter socket and Fuse 47 is the rear wiper. I was using another fuse for the permanent live but kept getting a DTC after ignition off for excess current draw...
  12. ReddStripe

Remote Mapcare Activation

Great news! What equipment would be required at the vehicle end for remote connection for this to work?
  13. ReddStripe

Adaptive cruise control error code

That sounds like you have found a decent technician to work with. Hopefully they can figure out which module is causing the issue and stop the error code. It could be something simple like a software fault (hopefully).
  14. ReddStripe

Any experiences with 1.5tsi resontator delete pipes here?

Very clean underside ;) Would be interested in the response to this too - I have the 1.5 tsi too (hatch).
  15. ReddStripe

The number of times the pre warning has activated is logged under live data (on OBD11) under Number of Pre Warnings. Probably can be accessed in VCDS if you have that but not sure where. You can set the sensitivity of this in the vehicle’s settings to “late” which makes it hardly ever alert you...
  16. ReddStripe

With it being an intermittent code it might just be the canbus network having a hiccup. Most people would never know if they didn’t have a scan tools. The dealer is certainly on another wavelength if they think the car is registering every time you tailgate (and if it did do this, then that...
  17. ReddStripe

Whilst the vehicle will log the number of emergency assist brake pre-warnings it will not generate an error code. I cannot find anywhere in the live data for this module that my car records the number of time the car has told me I’m too close to the car in front (the symbol for this is two cars...
  18. ReddStripe

Pricing for a front splitter

Facelift: https://www.seat.fish-bros-parts.co.uk/parts/leon/mk3-2017-2019-facelift/accessories-mk3-2017-present-facelift/seat-leon-2017-2019-fr-front-bumper-lip/ Fish Bros. are often on par with Listers the forum sponsor. They offer free delivery on these kind of prices so may swing it for you...
  19. ReddStripe

Drive Mode Select not working

Dropped you a PM. Let us know how you get on.
  20. ReddStripe

Adaptive Cruise Control

The short answer is yes: https://www.facebook.com/vagretrofitcoding/ https://www.facebook.com/Eastyorkshireretrofits/