Search results

1. Rickyr65sl

ABS, TC, Steering lights on and no speedo

Hi all, longtime member and viewer but not posted much my 2007 Leon 1.9 TDi has recently developed an issue the ABS, traction control and steering lights are on and I have no working speedo has anyone else had a similar issue and can point me at places to start looking? thanks
  2. Rickyr65sl

Bolt coilpack holder

Never had them fitted and there not needed anyway, secure enough without them
  3. Rickyr65sl

Leon MK2 TFSI knocking noise low oil pressure

Pull the cam/rocker cover off and inspect the camshafts for wear/scoring. See if there’s oil there and that it isn’t dry. If it’s an oil pump or blocked pick up pipe issue that’s got bad enough to cause top end damage from oil not circulating properly then it should be visible... If all...
  4. Rickyr65sl

2.0 TFSI

I’ve seen ones at 60k miles look just as bad as engines that had done 100k miles. Not sure if it goes of how the car has been driven throughout its life or not. Every 2.0 tfsi I’ve inspected the valves on has always had bad carbon build up though regardless of mileage, some worse than others...
  5. Rickyr65sl

Low Oil Pressure Warning/Noise Only when cornering hard

Assuming your engine is 2.0 tfsi then I think the jet/s your garage is talking about are the ones that spray the bottoms of the pistons not the cam... I wouldn’t of had the sump taken off without replacing the pick up pipe regardless of garage saying it wasn’t blocked... A check with VCDS...
  6. Rickyr65sl

Problems after installing induction kit

What are you using to Plug it in and check for any fault codes? Some code readers will only show a fault if the EML is on and others will show a fault that’s present but hasn’t brought EML on yet... Also try running it with the MAF unplugged and see if there’s any change. I’ve never had issues...
  7. Rickyr65sl

2.0 TFSI

There good engines if you look after them, they’ll eat fuel if you have a heavy foot but so do most cars. Driven conservatively you’ll easily achieve over 30mpg. Common parts that normally need changing and I’d advise to do so are if they’ve not been already are: Fuel pump cam follower PCV...
  8. Rickyr65sl

Seat noob

Cheers, has a time and location been confirmed? I’m pretty sure I’m free
  9. Rickyr65sl

Leon mk2 tfsi sport project advice

The bodywork isn’t that bad to be honest... both front wings dented and it looks like someone used a Brillo pad to wash it in places mainly bonnet, front bumper and passenger door. Other than that it’s a really straight car, I have a mate that’s an insurance approved bodywork repairer that will...
  10. Rickyr65sl

Seat noob

Hi all... recently bought a mk2 Leon tfsi as abit of a project, wasn’t in the market for one just saw it advertised locally and it looked cheap so went for a look and ended up buying it! Joined here for advice with regards to retrofits and styling advice.. I’m based in Manchester, I have...
  11. Rickyr65sl

I have thought about the btcc kit but the ones I’ve seen for sale on eBay are either in very poor condition or overpriced imo To facelift the front end I’m assuming I’ll need the following: Headlights Wings Complete bumper with grills Bonnet? Also has anyone retrofitted auto lights...
  12. Rickyr65sl

Hi all... recently bought a bargain 2006 Leon sport tfsi. Basically it’s a decent-ish car that’s only done a genuine 60k miles but the bodywork is very tatty. I’ve got a lot of experience with the 2.0 tfsi lump having owned multiple mk5 golf gti’s and I’ve also been a regular on the mk5 gti...