Search results

1. Central locking, please help!

I don't think you can hear it when stationary, it's when you accelerate, more so when switching gears. It's not overly loud, the windows were shut when I test drove it so I didn't hear it until I got on to the roads properly and had the windows open. It sounds kind of like a siren but whistling...
  2. Central locking, please help!

@Jimbobcook Thankyou! I've never had a diesel before so I didn't notice this but the husband has just taken it out for a run and he said there's a whistle when you accelerate. Is that normal for a turbo diesel. I am seriously wishing I'd just stuck to my usual vauxhall mum bus.
  3. Central locking, please help!

@Jimbobcook Thanks so much for the offer, I think I know someone with a machine. With it having a mind of its own I think you might be right re scanning. If I get to the bottom of it I'll post back. Thanks again.
  4. Central locking, please help!

Yes that's right. I'll try what you've suggested and use the video, I have a feeling though that it's coded up wrong or something, haha, but i don't know anything.
  5. Central locking, please help!

And just to confuse matters, I've just had the back door open with the fob but now it won't open again. I've locked the car up with the fob and when I have gone to open it with the fob, the light on the central locking thing inside lights up to say locked. It goes off after a minute and then...
  6. Central locking, please help!

The back door opens from the inside with the handle, if I get out and close it I can then open the back door from outside. My husbands just come home and said the button inside is working as it should, he doesn't find this odd but I do, when you're in the car you can lock all doors with the...
  7. Central locking, please help!

@Jimbobcook Thankyou! I've come out to it so I can type while I check, sorry if I repeat myself here. So with the fob I press it and 2 doors open both on the passenger side. I've got in and I can get out with the handles and fob, and also by pressing the button in between the seats. But that...
  8. Central locking, please help!

Hi all. I'm not sure if I've posted in the right place but bare with me. I'm a women and I'll hands up say I have no clue what I'm doing and Google has been my only friend up to this point. So I bought a seat Leon ecomotive 1.9TDI 09 plate yesterday. Spent all my money on it and it's the nicest...
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.