Search results

1. Loss of Coolant from Expansion Tank and i don't know why???

I had the exact same problems and changed the heater Matrix myself. Total time for the job was less than two hours. The most time was spent running the flush through the system and draining out the system. If you read on the forum on what to do you only need to remove glovebox and the bottom of...
  2. Loss of Coolant from Expansion Tank and i don't know why???

I would try changing your heater matrix. It worked for me even though I thought it wasn't the problem.
  3. Loss of Coolant from Expansion Tank and i don't know why???

I have mine all sorted now. About 6 weeks ago I brought a new heater matrix for £80 the same make that was on the car. Flushed out all the system before installing. Total job took under 2 hours to do myself and haven’t had any problems since plus my heater works again. I think heater core...
  4. Loss of Coolant from Expansion Tank and i don't know why???

Mine didn't expand and overflow at all last week! Last week my coolant didn't rise and overflow so that was a welcome change. Still haven't got any hot air through my driver side vents though. Will hopefully have the sensors checked this week with a diagnostic check
  5. Loss of Coolant from Expansion Tank and i don't know why???

I don't have any of the tell tale signs such as milky oil, coolant leaking from the exhaust manifold, bubbles in my coolant, white smoke etc!!
  6. Loss of Coolant from Expansion Tank and i don't know why???

Oh dear, I was hoping it would be something simpler
  7. Loss of Coolant from Expansion Tank and i don't know why???

I have just went to my car to do as you suggested and was surprised that when I took off my expansion tank cap it was still really hot inside and it's been parked up for 3.5 hours. My journey to work is only 20 mins as well!
  8. Loss of Coolant from Expansion Tank and i don't know why???

I have the same problem. I have had a new water pump, expansion tank and cap, system flushed out. Even took the heater matrix out and flushed it out and it was very clean with good flow of water. It's been pressure tested which was time too. Each time I drive for more than about an hour the...
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.