Search results

1. EGR delete and remap

Ah, fair enough, might chat to my garage about it. It's really difficult to see the EGR on the CAYC, appears to be underneath at the rear.
  2. EGR delete and remap

Thanks for the reply. It's my understanding that removing an EGR isn't an automatic MOT failure, it's only if emissions are significantly increased. Also, I'm having it blanked rather than removed, I should have made that clearer.
  3. EGR delete and remap

Hi all, I've decided to get my EGR deleted; my 1.6 tdi keeps going into limp mode, and the garage said it's because my EGR is blocked. Parts and labour to replace the EGR are around £500, but a delete is £270. The cost of the delete also includes a remap. It's not something I particularly want...
  4. Clutch kit

Just had a quote for £939 😭
  5. Clutch kit

Hi, my clutch is starting to go on my Seat Leon Mk2, 1.6 TDI. Not sure which kit to order to replace it. I'm not doing the labour myself, but want to buy it to give to the garage to fit.
  6. 1.6 Diesel Engine Vibrations

Did you resolve this? I'm having exactly the same issue, except it was injector 1 that was replaced.
  7. Ticking/tapping that gets more frequent when accelerating

The ticking/knocking sound increases with frequency as the car accelerates. Related to my other posts, the engine is also idling a bit rough, this has all happened after a fuel injector replacement. Sorry if this is getting boring for you lot! https://imgur.io/a/C50c4F8
  8. Coding new diesel injector West Cornwall

Hi Just had a new injector installed on my 1.6 TDI Seat Leon, and the idle is a bit rough, plus my mpg has dropped. Someone on here has suggested it needs recoding. Is there anyone here in West Cornwall with a diagnostic tool/scanner who wouldn't mind helping me recode the injector?
  9. Engine shake and associated issue

Thanks. Any other suggestions as to what it might be? The mechanic couldn't clear the injector code fault, but the injector issue is otherwise resolved. The judder only started after the injector was replaced.
  10. Engine shake and associated issue

Thanks for the reply. Not sure - the AA came out and fitted it. Can the flow rate be adjusted, or does it potentially mean that they've fitted the wrong injector?
  11. Engine shake and associated issue

Further to an earlier post - broke down, went into limp mode, was apparently injector 1 which has now been replaced. The car is running fine now, but the car feels like it's pulsing/shaking when in idle. Looking under the bonnet, it looks like the engine is shaking more than I remember (see...
  12. Glow Plug Flashing Warning Light, Limp Mode

Hi Just today on the M4, the glow plug light started flashing on my Seat Leon MK2 1.6 tdi, and it then went into limp mode. I've had Breakdown out and the diagnostic says that injector 1 is faulty. When I mentioned getting it replaced, the mechanic said it might *not* be that. I was thinking of...
  13. Head unit/radio with DAB

Hi I've not been able to find a definitive answer for this, but is there a recommended head unit/radio with DAB and Bluetooth that I can upgrade to in my Seat Leon MK II? Is it easy to do if so? Thanks
  14. Coolant Leak

Hi, I have a Seat Leon Mk2 which developed a coolant leak last week. Long story short, after an apparently lengthy search the mechanic located the oil cooler as the source of the leak, due to a crack in the oil cooler housing unit. The mechanic is charging £530 for the repair (housing, new oil...
  15. Seat Ibiza 2007 5 door Rear Lights Question

Brake lights are on the body, not the door; the brake lights are a dual filament with the taillights. In the manual the assemblies are described as the reverse light and fog light assemblies on the left amd right respectively.
  16. Seat Ibiza 2007 5 door Rear Lights Question

The clear light on the left is the reverse light, the fog light is on the left on the corresponding side. Would be good if someone with an Ibiza MK3 could video their rear lights working according to which switches they turn on! I guess as long as my car is meeting the legal requirements, it...
  17. Seat Ibiza 2007 5 door Rear Lights Question

Yes, there are bulbs in them. I've tested them and they work...
  18. New Seat Ibiza MK3 Owner

Hi All, Just joined the forum, and just purchased a 1.2 MK3 Ibiza with 89k on the clock; really enjoying the car, seems to do well in the lower gears especially. I've posted a question without a reply yet, which can be found at the link below. Would be great if someone could give me an...
  19. Seat Ibiza 2007 5 door Rear Lights Question

Hi Newbie (to both the forum and SEATs). I have a 5 door 2007 Seat Ibiza, and I have a query about what the rear lights, marked green in the picture, do? I thought they were fog lights, but I've since found out that my model only has one fog light, which is on the right hand side (the reverse...
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise