Search results

1. richybigman

Grahams81-Leon 4wd, Big Turbo - Back in the saddle :-)

I've only just logged back in after nearly a year and read through about 10 pages of updates from you and was shocked when you said you were thinking of stopping the project. I'm glad you're carrying on with it as I'm looking forward to seeing the car running and driving. I wish i have half the...
  2. richybigman

Not your usual door lock fault

Not sure, I don't really listen to the stereo when driving. I'll have a check on the way home tonight. Cheers :)
  3. richybigman

Not your usual door lock fault

Hi, I have a strange and very annoying fault with my door locks. Usually when I turn the car off the doors will unlock as soon as I remove the key from the ignition. For some reason there is now up to a 2 second delay, which is annoying. Sometimes it will unlock normally but more often...
  4. richybigman

Rear Passenger Door Lock Mechanism

I've done a rear on my LCR and managed to break the window, lol. The replacement window was less than £50 brand new from TPS and the lock was around £100 from Sere Motors so alot cheaper than getting someone else to fit it for me. The other rear one on mine has gone so going to have to do that...
  5. richybigman

Fitting Aftermarket Seats

Hi, I have a set of Subaru Impreza seats that I'm looking to fit into my LCR. Does anyone know what I'll need subframe wise to make them fit? Or is there a way of using the existing frame on the base of the standard LCR seats to transfer over to the Subaru seats? I've emailed Demon Tweeks...
  6. richybigman

Number Plate bulbs, on one minute of the next

Try scraping/sanding the connectors to make sure they are connecting properly. I had a similar issue on the wifes passat
  7. richybigman

Got my body back..........!

:blink::drool:
  8. richybigman

Finally fixed all breathers on engine, do I need a one way valve to servo?

I know what you're saying but why would Seat fit two if it didn't need it?
  9. richybigman

From what I understand if you do bypass it all and fit a catch can then you do need to have a one way valve on the servo hose that runs to the left side of the inlet manifold. As per:
  10. richybigman

Did you replace the 3 split hoses with direct replacements of did you bypass the lot? If you just replaced the split hoses then there is already a one way valve fitted.
  11. richybigman

LCR opinions

I wish I paid £2500 for mine, lol
  12. richybigman

LCR opinions

Oh they are definitely worth it but, as with any performance car, they can surprise you with costs, lol. There's not much else out there for the price that gives as much of a car.
  13. richybigman

LCR opinions

If you're worried about the costs before buying any performance car then I wouldn't get one if I were you. I average around 24mpg (at stage 2). Tyres you'll be looking at around £100 a corner for anything worth putting on that's safe and they should last around 10k but I have been through a...
  14. richybigman

Headlight Restoration

Looks like a good kit but I've got the Meguiars kit on Saturday. It worked pretty well to be fair. I had to use the small sanding pads that came with the kit to get it to a good finish. I'm going to go over it again just to make it 100% perfect but I am very happy with how it turned out and for...
  15. richybigman

Headlight Restoration

I've ordered up the Meguiars Headlight Restoration Kit from Halfords for only £16.99 as they have 15% off the Megs range at the moment. From what I've seen online it looks like it should do the job.
  16. richybigman

Headlight Restoration

I don't suppose you have a link to the kit you used have you? All I can find is sanding sheets, lol
  17. richybigman

Electric mirrors gone crazy

That's a pretty cool idea
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.