Search results

1. AR-CoolC

Do the latest Leons have a small rubber trim between windscreen and roof?

Cheers chaps, that's that answered. So it looks like it was a change made in 07 then, strange it's only raised it's head today:confused: You won't be able to retro fit a trim I'm afraid, it's stuck onto the back edge of the glass. Thanks again.
  2. AR-CoolC

Do the latest Leons have a small rubber trim between windscreen and roof?

I want to know if the very latest Leons still have a small rubber trim between the windscreen and the roof edge. My old 55 plate did (it was one of the first in the UK) but the latest screens coming through to us don't have a trim on them, I was wondering if it something that has been...
  3. AR-CoolC

Fog Light, is that connected to bad bulb warning

When my front fog light was blown, no warning came up, so I can only presume they are not connected.
  4. AR-CoolC

Fog Lights

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=109160&highlight=fog :D
  5. AR-CoolC

Anyone tried retro-fitting the rain sensor?

You'll need a different windscreen too, with the fitting and appropriate black edging to hide the wiring.
  6. AR-CoolC

How did you strike a great deal? Forecourt tips needed

One tip I was given a while ago is to make sure there are awkward silences, and make sure it is the salesman that has to break them. Don't be afraid to sit in silence for a while if needed.
  7. AR-CoolC

Alternative rear view mirror

TBH a generic mirror would probably look a bit "cheap" and another OEM mirror from the VAG group is going to be just as (if not more) expensive than fitting the original.
  8. AR-CoolC

seat leon colour black magic or luna grey

Black Magic, or Luna Grey, which is best? There's only one way to find out.............. .....................FIGHT !!! :D
  9. AR-CoolC

Airbag Light

What do they say the "issue" is? Just remember, that whilst the light is illuminated the WHOLE SRS system is de-activated, so wont deploy in the event of an accident.
  10. AR-CoolC

Replacing drivers seat

A harness is going to be a faf on an "everyday" car. Are you sure there is no way you can fit the lock mechanism to the new seat and use the standard seat belt.
  11. AR-CoolC

Possible power loss at high speeds

Thats an indicated 130? Whist on a private test track recently, I had mine showing 130, but the sat nav said I was doing 121. It was pulling well all the way up there though. The sat nav was getting confused though, it thought I was doing 121 accross a field :D This isn't helping you with...
  12. AR-CoolC

Mounting a sat-nav

Reserecting an old thread. I have a Navman F20, does anyone know if this will work with it? the ball/socket looks the same size, but does anyone know for sure if Garmin and Navman have the same size balls (schoolboy snigger)
  13. AR-CoolC

Black Magic Touch Up

Paint gone to Jace
  14. AR-CoolC

Black Magic Touch Up

If you come down the A38 from Spagetti it's the second turn off, but I take the first turn off and go past the now demolished HP factory. This offer is open to anyone needing some Black Magic touch up. I don't need it anymore, so if you want it it yours, bearing in mind that it is in a...
  15. AR-CoolC

Black Magic Touch Up

Yep that's the one I've got. Just off the A38(M) near "pump island" Anstle is it?
  16. AR-CoolC

Wiper Problem

PM coming your way
  17. AR-CoolC

Black Magic Touch Up

Hi Jace. IIRC there are about 15 different Black Magics for the VAG group. I noticed this when I had a 100ml pot mixed up for me, and we went through the swatch book. Also IIRC you live close to where I work (leicestershire), and I still have the remains of that 100ml (about 99ml...
  18. AR-CoolC

Folding mirrors

The mirrors on my Stylance (Jan 06) were fine when new, but within about 6 months the drivers side one was slow and very noisy, so it was replaced under warranty. The car is now coming up for two years old and the drivers side mirror is again noisy and slower than the passenger side. Can...
  19. AR-CoolC

How accurate is the fuel computer?

The bravest I've ever been was 15 miles after 0 was reading, but clearly as shown above I'm not brave enough :D Based on my geek fuel consumption spreadsheet, I've found the consumpion indicator to be very "optimistic" sometimes up to 10% over what is actually being achieved. MDF says I'm...
  20. AR-CoolC

Tyre Pressure Warning Light

Yeah, you have to hold the button down for quite a few seconds before you get the "bong"
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.