Search results

1. Let us introduce ourselves!

How do I send you a message? I tried info at your adress but it says it is down.
  2. Let us introduce ourselves!

Can I ask a cheeky question? I have fitted all the components (apart from the closing button which I cannot get anywhere) but the tailgate opens a few feet , beeps and stops. If you press the key fob again it opens a further few feet and stops and so on until it is fully open. Have you fitted...
  3. Part No.

Thanks for the info. This is one of the schematics I used to get the part numbers. 23 and 24 are the catches to open the boot. No where can I see on any diagram the closing button. I have the 4 pin connector for the button. I may be going mad but I am right in thinking there is a button on...
  4. Part No.

I see https://eastyorkshireretrofits.co.uk/ are about to offer to retrofit the Ateca tailgate wonder if they can help????????????????
  5. Part No.

I have tried 2 ECU which are programmed for the Ateca same issue. It goes a few feet each time you press the keyfob for the boot then stops and beeps which I am led to believe means an error somewhere. I have spoken to several companies who retrofit VAG electric tailgates but none seem to have...
  6. Part No.

Its a long story but the answer is still no. I now have the ERWIN wiring diagram and when the weather improves I will trace the wiring. k-electronic ® GmbH are useless they tell me the coding is correct but will help no further.
  7. Part No.

This is a retrofit electric tailgate. All I need now is the tailgate switch. I am very friendly with my dealer and have purchased the other parts from them. They have spent ages trying to find the part number. Unless a VAG dealer here can tell me otherwise. It appears that VAG are fixed on...
  8. Part No.

Does anyone know for certain the part number for the tailgate closing button situated on the tailgate itself? I have tried SEAT garages but they can't help.
  9. Electric Tailgate

Still cannot get the tailgate to work. The ECU needs an ODIS code attached to the VIN which SEAT refuse to do. Took it to HazzyDayz still no luck. It needs an ECU from an Ateca with an electric tailgate. No scrapyard seems to have one.
  10. Electric Tailgate

Thanks for all the useful information. I will try and use the 6D coding you sent but it won't be until next week. I'll let you know how it went.
  11. Electric Tailgate

Thank you for your reply. I have coded the unit via VCDS but it is the firmware on the ECU which is missing on a new unit. Garages can code these through ODIS if the VIN shows the car to have an electric tailgate but as mine does not show this SEAT refuse to allow it to be coded. Is there a...
  12. Electric Tailgate

I have retrofitted an electric tailgate to my Ateca using all new SEAT parts. I didn't realise the ECU has to be perameterised. SEAT refuse to do it and I can't find a company who are willing to try. Anybody any ideas on how this can be done?
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members