Search results

1. Potential High Mileage 1.4Tsi FR purchase..

Thanks guys, I've actually got 2 similar cars in mind, both same age/mileage with full dealer history and all MOT history on both are 1st time passes. So I suppose it comes down to how they both drive on the day. Is there anything I should be looking out for in particular on the test drives (or...
  2. Potential High Mileage 1.4Tsi FR purchase..

Hi, Apologies if this has been discussed previously but I couldn't find any specific information on a search... I'm looking at purchasing a 2017 1.4TSI Fr Tech Pack with 100k on the clock with confirmed full dealer history. Firstly, is this a good idea and if so, is there anything in...
  3. Space Saver info for FR 184 with 18" factory alloys?

Hi, I'm looking to source a second-hand space-saver kit to replace the factory supplied Tyre inflation foam kit. I've been searching the forum but can't seem to find exactly what I need, so I was wondering if someone could let me know the correct size space-saver & offset I need or, the...
  4. Space saver

thanks for pointing this out.... in that case, is there any kind of reference number for the space saver I need to look for to be sure it fits correctly regarding offset etc??
  5. Space saver

Sorry to hijack this thread but does anyone know what the actual size/spec space saver I need to get for my FR184 with factory 18" alloys? I'm looking to buy the wheel, jack etc separately and not from dealer. I've done a fair bit of searching but get confused with the info I find. Thanks TR
  6. Retrofit heated wing mirrors??

Unfortunately Mine is a different switch to yours. I decided to turn it to the top right setting (no symbol on switch) and hey presto, the mirrors heated up fine?? Thanks for your help guys. TR
  7. Retrofit heated wing mirrors??

I'll give that a go in the morning and see if that works. Just I've seen some pictures of switches with a heating element symbol to the top right but I'll see in the morning!! Thanks TR
  8. Retrofit heated wing mirrors??

Hi, I now have a 2017 FR 184 Tech Pack which has folding, but not heated mirrors (no heated symbol on mirror adjusting switch) and wondered if it was possible, what would be required to add heated feature to the mirrors? Thanks TR
  9. Sat-Nav update question

did the process again, copied the overall.nds file over and modified the .txt file and all working fine. Thanks all for your help TR
  10. Sat-Nav update question

Nope, must have missed that part....what is this file required for?? Sorry for the simple questions!! Thanks TR
  11. Sat-Nav update question

So I followed the instructions, formatted the SD card and then unzipped the update files and saved them on the now empty SD card but when I put it in the car it searches for sat nav info but then just stops saying it cant find the database (or something like that)? Any ideas what I may have...
  12. Sat-Nav update question

I had found the procedure on the SEAT website but it sounds like I'm better off following your links to the files and instructions. I have already got 2 copies/backups of the original folder from the SD card so at least have these if everything goes pear shaped!! Thanks for the advice. TR
  13. Sat-Nav update question

Thanks for that link. So I have an MIB2 which I can update myself. Better get the files downloaded and give it a go. TR
  14. Sat-Nav update question

Hi, I'm looking to update the Sat Nav in my 66 plate TDI FR but can't work out what head-unit I have and therefore what files I need to download from the SEAT website. I went into the settings/info pages on both the main system and the Sat Nav and this is the info I got: If anyone can...
  15. About to dive head first into the Leon market...

Thanks for getting back to me. It's the half leather interior and as I plan on around 16k mile a year I thought Diesel would be my best choice. TR
  16. Wheel bearing failure - covered under warranty?

I suppose I can simply ask the question to them. As they already know the car they should be able to tell me whether its in/out of warranty. Like you say, worst case scenario, I just get my local trusted garage to replace it for me. Thanks TR
  17. Wheel bearing failure - covered under warranty?

The cars been serviced by the same local SEAT dealer from new (which I confirmed with them yesterday)so should be ok. The car has been remapped (done by current owner last year) so would this invalidate any warranty?? Thanks TR
  18. Rumbling/hum noise on test drive??

Ok cool. Was that manufactures warranty? How much warranty do they come with anyway and is it transferable to different owners like myself? Thanks TR
  19. Rumbling/hum noise on test drive??

Ok cool. I've already managed to get a nice discount on the car which will more than cover this and a couple of new tyres. I plan to go back tomorrow to put deposit down so thanks for the advice:coolthumb I'll post up some pics when I finally get it home. Thanks TR
  20. Rumbling/hum noise on test drive??

Thanks Lozzy, don't suppose you have any idea how much a front wheel bearing change is?? TR
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.