Search results

1. Boot liner

It doesn't smell of rubber, it has a vanilla-esq smell / new car smell
  2. Mk3 Leon st subwoofer wiring

Just put of curiosity, I assume I can just extend the earth cable? It's not long enough to reach below drivers seat. Would I just get a 14 guage wire and connect the two with and cover with electric tape/ heat shrink?
  3. Boot liner

I bought two boot liners off eBay the past week. The first came and it wasn't exactly fitted, too short, not great quality, so I decided to return it and pay the extra £5 for the one linked below. The difference is astronomical! Very impressed for £32...
  4. Heresy with Audi wheels?

I was thinking of upgrading the standard 16's to theses audi alloys, did you get the center caps sorted?
  5. Changing Seats

Maybe a silly question, but is it easy enough to change the seats from the normal spec to the FR alcantara seats? I can pick them up at a reasonable cost and think they'd be a significant enough upgrade over the bog standardones. Secondly, I assume provided the airbag hasn't deployed, they are...
  6. Mk3 Leon st subwoofer wiring

When I was looking about, I think focal had a specific VW golf set you could buy, which would be a straight swap. Though the Leon speakers are decent imo
  7. Mk3 Leon st subwoofer wiring

So I haven't been able to hear as well as I would have liked this week, with a cold and all. Clearing up now though. I generally listen to rock music, and would rarely have dance tunes on in the car, so take this with a pinch of salt. I also play bass, hence wanting a little more than the stock...
  8. Mk3 Leon st subwoofer wiring

That was a fantastic help! I ran it the way you have and all seems to be working! I'll be able to give it a proper test run over the next week to see what it's like. Awkward enough to install, but a few hours has you done!
  9. Mk3 Leon st subwoofer wiring

That would be class! I would very much appreciate that!
  10. Mk3 Leon st subwoofer wiring

So I had a bit of a look at it today. Where did you run your wires from the head unit in the glove box? Did you have to remove glove box and sill trim to get at it all?
  11. Mk3 Leon st subwoofer wiring

Great thanks! I've ordered up all the parts now so in the next week or two hopefully I'll get a chance to attempt to install. I think, at first, I'll try the spade connector into slot 3, however if that doesn't work I'll splice into the red!
  12. Mk3 Leon st subwoofer wiring

That looks clean, my concern was messing up the entire fuse box of the car, but I suppose when I think about it, if it goes past shape I'd only need to replace that cable
  13. Mk3 Leon st subwoofer wiring

That's the very one! How'd you tap into it? What would I need to buy?
  14. Mk3 Leon st subwoofer wiring

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but I'm thinking of installing one of these kenwood ksc sw11 too. I think I have a decent enough handle on the signal and the remote, ie use the above diagram to tap into the front speakers and use the 12v cigarette lighter for the remote with an additional...
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.