Search results

1. The only benefit of smart motorways.. Not bad for a Cupra!

That is insane! I managed 40.1 mpg a few weeks back from London to Cambridge (M11 was slow) and I was very smug, normally on a long journey I hit around 38 if I'm lucky.
  2. MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

I lease mine and Seat sent me a reasonable hamper and a box of wine as compensation. They didn't offer me cash although I also didn't push them too hard as I had my car by that point, which is what I really wanted.
  3. MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

You are lucky as there are some cracking roads up in Scotland and some of them have very little traffic. Down my way the only time I really get to put my foot down is when I accelerate up a slip road! Getting this car has also made me realise how many roads that used to be 60mph are now 50 or...
  4. MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

The wife has family in Edinburgh so I have spent many an hour stuck on that dam bypass as well, but at least you don't have to go far to find some fun roads up there!
  5. MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

I'm normally in comfort mode as I'm either sat in London traffic or going around the M25, so I will have to experiment with a different setting next time I'm out on a decent bit of road to see if I get the same.
  6. MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Ha, yeah that's what I find, you accelerate, nothing happens whilst the DSG decides to change down, so you press the throttle a bit more and then suddenly you are a gear lower, the revs are high, the turbo is going nuts and you are doing 40mph more that you meant to! All good fun and I'm...
  7. MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

I have done nearly 1,000 miles now in mine and I have been really impressed, a few long journeys over Christmas and it's a very good all round car. Went from London to York and got 37.2 mpg on the way up and about 33 mpg on the way back. Short journeys in town are normally in the high teens on...
  8. MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Agreed, send them a direct tweet and they respond pretty quickly and were quite helpful I found.
  9. MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Excellent news, fingers crossed that all goes to plan then and you actually get it after the wait! :clap:
  10. MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

My moaning to Seat got me a hamper with 5 bottles of wine, it doesn't really make up for the shocking delays, but better than nothing! :santa:
  11. MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Yes my pre-ordered car from Nationwide was due for delivery in August...... I got it on the 25th November! To be fair they can't help on the delay front, but their lack of communication was pretty poor.
  12. MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

I ordered through Nationwide in June as they said an August delivery, my car was only delivered last week. No real apology from them, they just push the blame to everyone else. Hopefully you are lucky and it turns up before xmas as cars just seem to turn up randomly.
  13. MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Yes, mine arrived with condensation, sounds like it's a Seat "feature". :)
  14. MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Ok thanks, I will go and have a play at lunch and see if I can get it working as expecting. Cheers
  15. MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Yes I have scrolled through all the options but unless I am actually using the satnav for directions it just seems to give me a picture of the car inside a compass? If I toggle the button on the main screen from map to the journey details then that is the only way it will show up on the digital...
  16. MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

On my digital cockpit I can only get the satnav map to show if I have first setup the satnav on the main info system to a destination address, and then I change the info system view away from the map, only then will the map show on the digital cockpit? Is that standard or am I doing something...
  17. MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

One of the reasons I got the Cupra now is that I think this will be the last type of car like this I will own, with electric cars and potential cars with speed limiters becoming mainstream I thought I would have one last blast! I only do about 4k miles a year and have replaced a dirty diesel, so...
  18. MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Wowza, I guess you managed to either get a cancellation, or you have some very incriminating photos of the Seat directors?! :roflmao:
  19. MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Here is my new machine, sorry for the bad pics but you get the idea!
  20. MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

congratulations, it's worth the wait isn't it! I'm happy with the colour as well. The acceleration from 50 - 70(ish) is quite something, it's going to take me a while to get used to not just flooring the accelerator at all times as in previous cars!
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members