Search results

1. Cupra no more

I was hoping no one would ask me that 😂. I wanted a Cupra ateca or t roc r, but didn't quite have the budget for a nice one. Got a Tucson N line in the end. Decent car, goes well enough, I like the look, remainder of 5yr warranty a big plus. But I don't drive it for the sake of it like I did...
  2. Cupra no more

Couple of parts already sold (thanks), reduced prices on remaining items and now include postage. 🙂
  3. Cupra no more

Decided to trade my Cupra ST in for an SUV, so farewell guys and gals, thanks for the interesting reads and useful info over the last few years. I've posted a couple of ads for some bolt on mods and roof bars I took off it, over in the parts forum area, if anyone's interested. I'll be keeping an...
  4. what did you and your mk3 leon do today

Did the same thing on school run a while back. Small dink on an otherwise mint wheel and a chunk of the tyres rim protector hanging off. Spent the time carefully glueing the rubber back only to get an unrepairable puncture 2 weeks later anyway........
  5. Cupra manual question

I got a pre facelift manual cupra and I'm having gear selection issues when ambient temp is really cold, below freezing. I've tried realigning cables a few times now and it made a bit difference but not a lot. My question is, the car has a scoop behind the nearside lower grille that I believe...
  6. Creaking Cupra

Are you sure it's suspension? Mine makes a lot of creaks and groans from all the outer doors seals, particularly the felty ones at the top edge. Quick whizz round with Gummipfleger and it's nice and quite again.
  7. How to start with "Sport information" display?

Same. Mine does stay sometimes. In addition though, the times it does start with dials, sometimes I have dials but with no values on one or more. I have to reselect sport to get them to all work properly.
  8. what did you and your mk3 leon do today

Put new batteries in both fobs, swapped over and started using the pristine spare, put the worn tired looking one back in the cupboard.
  9. Android Auto Random Disconnections

When I had a Google pixel phone I had no issues using aa regardless of cable. Changed to a Motorola and started getting random disconnect issues, although using the cable that came with the phone seemed to sort it, at least for now. (Why in god's name I changed from a pixel to Motorola is...
  10. Cupra driving modes and MANUAL gearbox ?

I know it doesn't do anything on a manual, so just an irritating coincidence. I just wondered if any other MT cupra owners are running around on eco setting at the moment, given the situation and had any comments ? In my case it certainly was eco setting, gear change was getting so bad I didn't...
  11. Cupra driving modes and MANUAL gearbox ?

I feel stupid even asking this, believe me I thought about it before posting. I'm looking for any comments from pfl Cupra 290 owners with manual gearbox who have tried the 'eco' setting for a while. I'll try and be brief, so, few months ago I fitted the oem short shifter linkage from the Audi TT...
  12. Upgrading my wheels

Nope, I always thought on the 19s it tended to skip a bit in the corners if the surface was less than perfect and that is improved. I have no regrets whatsoever downsizing, for me they are a better choice in every way, comfort, bit of extra curb and pothole protection, price. I was unsure of my...
  13. 2014 1.8 TSI Buying Advice

And, also check the fuel filler cap locks/unlocks properly with the central locking. It's a pita to get open if it fails in the locked position !!
  14. 2014 1.8 TSI Buying Advice

Plus one for the heating system, check for full function, settings etc and any signs of leaks, or low level, pump can be a problem on all models. Also water ingress, check for damp carpets, rear seat cushion, spare wheel well. Headlamps too maybe, abnormal imperfections, any excessive...
  15. Upgrading my wheels

Sometimes, big wheels and very low profile tyres on the models with stock suspension can imo make it look like the car is on stilts. Fr and cupra have lowered suspension over the base models as standard. Personally ride quality on our crappy roads was biggest factor for me, cheaper tyres was a...
  16. Upgrading my wheels

Tyre size for the 19s will be 235/35. But unless you have lowered suspension, my advice would be go for 18 inch Fr wheels. Not just for looks but ride quality and tyre (and wheel) price too. I have a standard cupra and actually downsized to an aftermarket 18 wheel on 235/40 for these reasons...
  17. Cupra Sensitive to Road Camber

All Tyres fitted correctly? For sided / directional. Unlikely, but had it on car years ago and easy to check and rule out.
  18. Different mode settings have background colours?

Ambient lights on the front doors, in my pfl cupra (when the headlights are on).
  19. Cupra 290 vs Cupra 300?

Avoid the manual gearbox, clutch is weak. I have 66 plate 290 st manual. Bought without doing my homework properly, love the car but after clutch at 40k miles and water pump, as Damo said, at 30k miles, its starting to grate a little. That's a lot of money that I shouldn't have needed to spend...
  20. what did you and your mk3 leon do today

Sure are (thanks). Issues I found with the kit I received was that the hole in the bonnet bracket was 8mm but the supplied ball studs were M6. Yes it has washers but I still wrapped a piece of 1mm wire around the thread to keep it central in the hole and stop it moving. Also I found that with...
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.