Search results

1. 98 Arosa 1.0 engine AER wont start

OK, Its fixed. Thanks for all the support and suggestions. Still cant get my head around it. Well I can, but there are still some things I don't understand. Bought a set of new Intermotor HT's, fitted them today and it fired-up instantly and settled to a smooth idle at around 900 rpm...
  2. 98 Arosa 1.0 engine AER wont start

A bit more in depth testing has drawn a blank - Then checked the HT leads (while connected to the cap to check the cap connection also). Plug leads - In order of length as numbered by VW on the OE leads - Coil to center terminal of dizzy = 2.11k Ohms 4 = 5.48k Ohms 3 = 5.94K Ohms 2 = 5.74k Ohms...
  3. 98 Arosa 1.0 engine AER wont start

OK, I have done a throttle body realignment and re-scanned the codes. No fault codes are now showing. It was originally 00533 Idle speed and 01087 basic settings not performed. Unfortunately, the car is still in the same state. No codes but will only try to fire on what sounds like one cylinder...
  4. 98 Arosa 1.0 engine AER wont start

Hello All, I have a 98' SEAT Arosa 1.0 with engine code AER. with 35,000 miles on the clock. It was a great runner until it was parked up at the side of the house 2 years and 8 months ago. I started it every 6 months or so and ran it for a while with no problems. The Saturday before last I...
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.