Search results

1. Tivver500

Considering Cupra Leon ST purchase

I've done Le Mans many times (both the 24hr and the Classics) but always taken the TVR. Although I reckon the Cupra is probably just as quick from A to B....... I teach advanced driving and it's interesting to teach someone in a manual then switch to a dsg box..... Have a 'play' at driving it in...
  2. Tivver500

Considering Cupra Leon ST purchase

I've had mine for over 3 years and it's a brilliant car. Only issues were rear brake pad siezing to the disc (sorted by dealer) and the fuel filler door lock siezing - unfortunately in the locked position. Apart from that it's great. I'm getting mid to high 30's (mpg) on a long run (came back...
  3. Tivver500

Tires - help and advice is needed

Just had a set of Vredestein Quattrac Pro all seasons fitted (by Black Circles) on the Cupra ST. Price was good and fitted at home. Got rid of the rest of the tread on the original Contis in Germany (up at 140mph - traffic stopping any more :cautious:). Only done about 500 miles so far but the...
  4. Tivver500

Astronomical insurance quote on ST300!!

My multicar policy (Cupra ST and TVR) went up by nearly 50% in March so shopped around.... I live in rural Somerset and I'm an IAM National Observer so, would think, pretty low risk but most insurance companies didn't seem to think so!! Ended up with the IAM's 'insurer' (Cornmarket) who have...
  5. Tivver500

Sorry - some (stupid) newbie questions regarding sat nav

As a lot of counties have switched off the static speed cameras, and make more use of mobile units, the poi database for cameras is probably not so useful. If you absolutely need that information then use waze on your phone which will give up to date information..... Or..... stick to the speed...
  6. Tivver500

Phone Contacts List

Tried that - deleted at both ends (phone and car). Re-attached and synced - it seems that all mobile numbers are duplicated but not landline numbers. One of the mobile numbers has the 'house' icon next to it but the duplicate doesn't. Cannot delete either. Bizzarre.
  7. Tivver500

Phone Contacts List

I have a 2020 Cupra ST. Phone links fine and contacts sync but some of my contacts display duplicate numbers (not showing this on my phone or in Google contacts) and there doesn't seem a 'logical' way to delete these, or to force a complete re-sync to tidy this up. Is there an easy way or do I...
  8. Tivver500

2020 Cupra Sat Nav Help...

I have a 2020 Cupra ST and am scratching the head over a couple of sat-nag issues. Firstly does anyone know how to delete a single entry from the destinations listing? I've tried swiping, long presses, pressing the arrow symbol all without any luck.... Secondly does anyone know the format for...
  9. Tivver500

"Replace key battery" - how to?

Mine lasted about 18 months so, following advice on a previous thread, I replaced the battery with a 2032 (not the 2025 that came out). It fits ok, being held in place by the key case, and as it's about twice the capacity of the 2025 it should last longer. I'll let you all know in a few...
  10. Tivver500

235/35/19 psi?

I run mine at 39psi all round...
  11. Tivver500

MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Just booked mine in for it's first service. Will be a year but only 4.5k miles. As 'Daily Meme' says it'll be oil/filter change but the tech (who I know is pretty switched on) will give it a good check over..... (I have promised him a run out in my TVR when allowed 😉)....
  12. Tivver500

Noise coming from the rear brake disc

That happened to mine after parking at Gatwick for a week.... Car was only two days old! Mine had quite a large piece of pad welded to the disc and the Seat tech had to chisel it off. He said it's not uncommon but mine was the worst he'd ever seen. I ended up paying around£130 for new pads but...
  13. Tivver500

Great Story about a Leon ST Cupra 290 on a German Autobahn

Travelling along Autobahn at around 150+ (in the TVR) I was passed by an Audi S5 (with the Lambo W10 engine....). I estimate he was doing around 180!! At least the Germans actually use mirrors before pulling out.
  14. Tivver500

Disabling Autostop?

Putting it in 'Cupra' mode has no effect..... My A/C is on all the time and..... that has no effect!! There have been various posts about changing the threshold battery voltage or disconnecting the sense wire on the battery. Haven't tried those but my (friendly) Seat dealer spoke to his tech and...
  15. Tivver500

Fuel range ??????

Mmm - around town I get high 20's and on a longer run it goes up to mid 30's........ I'm happy though as it's better than the TVR at 20mpg!!!
  16. Tivver500

2018 290 Rear Brake Judder (After ebrake stuck on)

I had a similar issue.... Car was only 3 days old when left at Gatwick (in pi55ing down rain). On return a loud thump when pulling away with regular thumping sound when braking. Turned out a chunk of brake pad had welded itself to the disc. The Seat tech said he'd never seen one that bad...
  17. Tivver500

Key fob battery replacement issue

Had a similar issue with my Ford Kuga.... Eventually found that Duracell batteries worked but other brands didn't!! New batteries with exactly the same voltage so no idea why (and I'm an electronics engineer!!!) I do have a stock of Duracell 2025 batteries all ready...... (car 6 months old now...
  18. Tivver500

CUPRA ST rear brake noise

Only had my ST for two days before leaving parked at Gatwick (in pouring rain). Came back and rear pad had stuck to disc. Local SEAT dealer (very good - in Yeovil) cleaned up disc and ordered new pads. Then..... lockdown!! Pads eventually changed... for £139. Apparently they are 'wearing parts'...
  19. Tivver500

MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

I reckon my ST (as it's 4 wheel drive...) is quicker from A to B than my 5 litre TVR Griffith. Acceleration figures are pretty even as well.... But the TVR sounds much nicer - 5ltr V8 de-catted with custom exhaust :whistle:.
  20. Tivver500

Sat Nav vCards

Thanks - I'll give that a try
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.