Search results

1. Crash bang wallop - broken n/s/r spring

Had exactly the same spring fail on my ST a few months ago at 40k miles. Tried doing it myself. Shock unbolted, anti roll bar drop link unbolted, but just couldn't get the suspension to drop far enough. Managed it on other cars without spring compressors, but not this time. Doesn't look like...
  2. Do people know it exists?

I'd say most people in the trade don't know it exists so the general public have no chance! I book an MOT, they don't know. Try and get a new spring fitted, no ones knew what it was. Story goes on...
  3. Noisy power steering

Have you checked the reservoir fluid level?
  4. Sport tech 18" wheels question

Remember though this is good ole fashioned hydraulic power steering and does have a fair amount of resistance at slow speeds compared to some cars that have ultr light city mode electric power steering. I had a loan Ibiza and the steering felt rediculously light. Maybe it just takes some getting...
  5. Rear bumper guards

I could do with some kind of guard there too. Mountain bike pedal studs and painted bumpers aren't a good mix! Plus the pram, furniture and numerous dump runs. I've managed to keep it to only two scratches so far by pulling my extra load area carpet over the bumper when moving big or spiky...
  6. First Service on Exeo Sport Tech 170

Mine had a leaking steering rack not long after I bought it, so around 5k miles ish. Surprised you didn't notice the fluid level dropping, unless it wasn't such a bad leak
  7. Newbie

I like that larger rear roof spoiler. Its a shame they didn't carry that across from the S line spec Oh and you did well to find one without kerbed wheels. When I was looking for mine, quite a few of them with less that 5k on the clock had kerbed wheels:shrug:
  8. Exeo turbo/wastegate noise

The only time I noticed a lot of noise from the turbo spooling up and some wastegate noise was when the inlet pipe on the front of the turbo had popped off. Not saying that's what you experienced, but I've not noticed any turbo related noise from mine during normal driving
  9. Negative Battery Terminal Plastic Cover Part No.?

Lots of cars don't have negative battery terminal covers as there will be no effect when shorting it to the chassis. Not able to check my Exeo until after lunch though.
  10. Sat Nav Overheating - Factory system

I wonder if a wire from the stereo loom has managed to poke into the fan recess and stop it from turning? IIRC the fan isn't recessed very far
  11. Tyre Wear

I run Falken 914's on the front at 35PSI. Wear seems even across the tread. These seem to be lasting a lot longer than the Standard Dunlop Sport Maxx's
  12. 52000 miles in and I just found....

Eh? Sun visor flap in the rear view mirror? I'll have a look when I leave work. Didn't realise there was anything up there. Apart from the mirror of course
  13. Removing the TDI badges - can't get glue off

WD40 melts the glue and will not harm the paintwork. I've used that method time and time again on nearly all my cars. Leave it to soak in for a while, then you can normally scrape the soft glue off with your nail. I just use a bit of soft cloth with DW40 to get rid of the rest. Wash off...
  14. Newbie saying hello!

There genuinely doesn't seem to be any major issues. Most people report a few niggles. Rear legroom is crap. The satnav postcode entry isn't 7 digit so a pain to use, and the ipod control really isn't great. That's pretty minor stuff to me, but about all I can fault on the car! Not...
  15. Problems filling my Seat Exeo ST

I had this when I first bought the car. (Exeo ST) The pump would keep cutting out like the tank is full, but just like you I only had about 3/4 of a tank. I'm pretty sure I twist the nozzle over to the left slightly, so handle to the right and nozzle to the left if that makes sense. I do it...
  16. advice on seat exeo with 19's

I would have loved to have seen how it sat on those 19" Audi rims. Don't suppose you took any pics? Be nice to see how it looks now too. If you don't have any facility to host pics I can if you email them over and can attach them to this thread for others to see
  17. New Exeo

Nice choice of colour. Think grey would have been my absolute preferred choice over the silver, but condition was the deciding factor at the time. What was the RS4 like to own? They scare me off with potential huge running costs, especially after reading the article on Piston Heads. Did you...
  18. de badged

I removed mine too. Silver ST and it really cleaned up the tail gate. The badge bits went in the bin as I never intended it to go back on once I saw the difference! So much easier to polish now as the cloth doesn't get hung up the letters. Still wondering whether to remove the wing TDi...
  19. opinion on these wheels please

Wheels are always a tricky subject as they're very subjective. I think the top ones don't have a strong enough spoke design and would suit a smaller car like a hatch. The middle ones would probably look superb in 19" but likely too small in 18's As much as I like the 3rd choice, would they...
  20. Bye bye

Sounds like the car needs squashing and weighing in! Bet you're glad to be rid of that turd, I know I would be. Shame you had a duff one as they are generally cracking cars. Still not bored with mine What car will be replacing it?
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.