Search results

1. Little annoying things about your Ibiza???

Hi! Ace_pd Yes I had exactly the same problem. I also used a very similar solution to cure it. As there was no grip or snap on fit to the covers? However I now have the wheel nuts permanently exposed.
  2. Little annoying things about your Ibiza???

Thanks for your input AlpineSi I have heard a few times that the spring damper blocks being left in. Which is very poor on the part of the dealer to miss upon commissioning preparing a car for a customer. Yes the rear of the car need s some light. As the inertia trim plastic is black so is...
  3. Little annoying things about your Ibiza???

Good point Pepper28. Yes it is like a single loud tick of a clock. In the way it is equally spaced, you are expecting and anticipating it. I think the relay is somewhere underneath the light dial selector switch at the bottom of the dashboard. You are right in saying, it is much more...
  4. Recalls the seat ibiza or seat boomerang?

Thank you alpineSi The link you sent was very helpful so other members are aware of this. As can not rely on other people for your safety; such as the dealership when you car is serviced.
  5. Little annoying things about your Ibiza???

Camelspyyder Yes well spotted. Crossthreded is exactly that crossthreaded. lol! This forum thread is for the Seat Ibiza Mk6 2017 onwards. Very interesting information and observations raised by crossthreded. Well written I did very much enjoy reading it.
  6. Little annoying things about your Ibiza???

One thing that seems to make breaks squeak and squeal. Is going to car valeting places. As they just blast the alloys with such high pressure water jets and loads of shampoo. It just washes any lube completely away, Does not take many visits to then find you have squealing brakes or worse a...
  7. Little annoying things about your Ibiza???

Yes my car has quite a bit of turbo lag. There is talk of increasing the pressure in engines for fuel economy and emissions. Wonder how this will play out on engine life and reliability? Such as head gaskets? I do like the info screen in the middle of the clocks. However one thing annoys me is...
  8. Little annoying things about your Ibiza???

Yes very good point, he back seats do take a soaking. Luckily it goes on the vinyl bit not the cloth or alcatara. Is this due to modern cars not having a rain water gutter so to speak. This has not appeared too bad for me. I think I can live with it. As previous two cars where Ford Pumas...
  9. How many ibiza 1.5 evo where built?

Yep at the end of the day it usually comes back to money.
  10. How many ibiza 1.5 evo where built?

I really can not believe electric cars are the answer yet. I can remember being in London in the 70's with leaded petrol fumes. Used to give you a splitting headache. The buildings where all stained black with it. If it rained your face would have streaks on it. I will not go in to what came...
  11. Little annoying things about your Ibiza???

Yes the big colour eight inch informant system is one of the best available to use. Even Fords new one is not as good. The radio volume control is very slowly and notch less and very gradually progressive. Some people say the sound is not good unless you get the beats audio system. However...
  12. Little annoying things about your Ibiza???

I was referring really to whole length of the flat surface where the boot lid lip is. It is a very flat surface like a shelf. Where your green line turn into right angle.
  13. Little annoying things about your Ibiza???

I never thought of the rear wiper playing a part in this? The surface is like a shelf, it is very flat. Also I think it may be more apparent on my car as I did make a mistake in choosing midnight black colour : ( I also live in a very rural area the roads do get quite mucky.
  14. Little annoying things about your Ibiza???

I think I solved the mystery of the fingerprints on the informant screen. They are not my prints? It is my Mrs with heavy duty hand cream on before she goes out in the car, Grrrrrrr! lol!
  15. Best colour for the Ibiza?

Interesting. Yes I always thought the Mk 5 Ibiza looked good in White and black. Probably half the reason I got the Mk6 in Black. As the Mk 5 lines really showed in them two colours. I did have a silver car once. It never showed any dirt. Moondust silver was the shade Ford. However had to make...
  16. Best colour for the Ibiza?

Just a thought I had the other day. Some cars look really great in certain colours. Seems to make a lot of difference to some models. Such as the new Mini even Fiat 5oo's So a little poll or show of hands for the best all round colour? I made a bit of a mistake when I got my Ibiza 1;5 evo in...
  17. Rattling and squeaking noises

Are you sure this noise is coming from the steering wheel area? I had a very same annoying rattle in my Ibiza. It turned out to be the plastic housing mounting on the rear view mirror. Why not check out the Ibiza build quality thread. I have gone into a lot of detail in that post about this very...
  18. Recalls the seat ibiza or seat boomerang?

I am aware of three recalls on the Seat Ibiza. Also a recommended software fix for the ECU to cure 1.5 evo engine problems. Which most people report does not work. First recall was a rear middle seat belt clasp oversensitive. Which could come undone when cornering with three people in the back...
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members