Search results

1. Changed the offside outer tail light...

There is only one fog and one reverse light so don't worry if "both" don't light up. Similarly, there's no indicator on the dash for the rear fog. I think the fog light on the switch itself should light up though.
  2. Replacing washer pump -Tools?

On the off chance that someone stumbled across this thread with the same question thought I'd update as I've just finished it this morning. The guides are very handy but don't list any specifics. Turns out, other than lifting the car and getting the wheels off, the only thing needed is a torx...
  3. Cruise Control Stalk, from 2 to 3 paddles?

Isn't the 3 paddle one for ones with adaptive cruise and the other for regular cruise?
  4. Replacing washer pump -Tools?

Probably a long shot but I reckon my pump needs replacing although I'll thoroughly check fuses and all that before hand. Looks like a straightforward job but before I jack up the car, anyone know exactly what I'll need? Don't want to get to the pump and realise I need something to have to put...
  5. Error Address 52

Have you tried just running the calibration on the window? If I remember correctly if you put the window all the way down, then all the way back up and just hold button for about 10 seconds.
  6. Is cupra 290 more exciting than octavia vrs245

Might be the case elsewhere but in the UK it's definitely VRS
  7. DASHBOARD SIGN

They still generally have the limiter. Although when I say limiter I should really mean warning as it's not a hard limit, just the warning when you exceed the speed.
  8. DASHBOARD SIGN

Fairly sure it's just the speed limiter. Although I'm not even sure how to turn it off or adjust it
  9. Carista Hill Hold Assist Values

Is it just hill hold or does it have auto hold too? Fairly sure the number is roughly how much force is required to get the car going from stopped. Therefore you want a lower number if you want it to set off easier. Might also be imagining things but on mine this is changeable on the...
  10. Unable to Dyno FWD Leon FR?

I had the same problem with mine, took them a day of faffing to find a solution. Not sure if it's the official solution but if you disconnect the rear wheel speed sensor, you'll be able to Dyno it properly. Obviously some sort of safety measure as it thinks the rear wheels are dragging or...
  11. Full led headlights

This has come up multiple times and the general consensus is it's not worth it. Arguably cheaper to buy a new car with LED lights. Along with the actual lights there's a bunch of wiring tied in to the rear suspension for the auto leveling along with needing someone to code them in.
  12. SOLVED: Squeak when car is unlocked

Just seen the reply and your message here. Thankfully mine hasn't done it since I first posted and it gets used 6/7 days of the week so it's not as if I wouldn't have noticed. Will keep an eye out though and will likely help diagnose the issue. Don't think it was mentioned but how old is your...
  13. Cutting of Centre Console Trim for 8" screen

If I'm not mistaken you shouldn't need to cut anything. The sizes of the actual units are the same
  14. Poor MPG after timing belt change

Are you sure you're not just paying more attention to the mpg figures after the work? Doubt you'll see anywhere near 70mpg in the middle of winter unless you're drafting a truck downhill.
  15. tyre pressure warning + spare wheel

Have you checked the pressures and then set them again on the screen? The message doesn't go away on its own
  16. Extremely frequent regen - every 30 kilometers

Has the DPF ever been replaced or professionally cleaned since you've had the car? They generally only have a fixed lifespan even if only used for long journeys. Could just be reaching its end of life.
  17. Leon 184

Think the only con is increased wear and tear on the engine and clutch but as long as you don't drive like an idiot all the time then it's unlikely to be noticeable. Pros are obviously a decent amount more power and seemingly more mpg too. Is it DSG or manual? Not sure if they map them...
  18. SOLVED: Squeak when car is unlocked

Mine has started making roughly the same noise. Only happens when unlocking, only in the mornings and only ever on the first unlock. It also doesn't happen every time, maybe once a week? I might be a coincidence but it started happening shortly after running over something on the motorway, left...
  19. Spare wheel / Alloy for MK3 Leon

Looking for any sort of wheel that will fit the MK3 Leon. Anything above a 16" and will be used as a spare so don't care about cosmetic damage as long as it's still circular and holds air. Ideally somewhere around Newcastle / Hexham area for collection too.
  20. Side skirts

Have you checked that if you want them painted there isn't an additional charge? The listing doesn't say there is but I'd be surprised if they're doing it for free.
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.