Search results

1. Steve Caney

Anyone selling a roof rack... and a top box if poss?

Anyone selling a roof rack... and a top box if poss?
  2. Steve Caney

2.0 TSI 190 DSG

Are you sure?..... look at this Gen 3b engine... DKZA Note chain drive in engine details, under Section 15.3 https://acrobat.adobe.com/link/track?uri=urn:aaid:scds:US:7c8b3bc2-42bf-4b6a-a6e0-3503ec9f8d65&viewer!megaVerb=group-discover
  3. Steve Caney

Is stage 1 worth it?

An Update to this thread, as to whether stage 1 is worth it. Car is now 3yo and I prob keep it for another 3 years. I have just had mine done at a local shop that uses alienware and Kessi, then adjusts the map to the car and all checked out on a rolling road , and road test. I specifically...
  4. Steve Caney

Burger Motorsports JB4 VAG EA888 2.0 Gen3B for Leon or Ateca.

Just fitted the once to my 68 plate LEON. Comes with Data cable to enable set-up using a laptop. My warranties ending now so selling and getting a map. Bargain price of £199. (429 new) Can be posted. Send a pm for more info.
  5. Steve Caney

Is stage 1 worth it?

Am Bumping this thread and asking if anyone has actually remapped this engine version yet, and which mapping company used and results?
  6. Steve Caney

2.0 TSI 190 FR - exhaust options.

Sorry to Hijack this thread, but has anyone done a remap on this engine yet?... I have another 14 months to wait until end of warranty. If anyone has.... what was difference in characteristics.?
  7. Steve Caney

How to soundproof your doors mk3

Doing the rear bench and the rear hatch all add to making the environment quieter. The dB readings are a logarithic scale so the total reduction you are seeing is 10X less.
  8. Steve Caney

How much sound proofing material do I need?

Here are links to Items I bought. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4-66m-Bulk-Sound-Deadening-Coat-Peacemat-Roll-Panel-Silent-Mat-Car-Camper-Van/283793986396?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649...
  9. Steve Caney

OBDeleven modifications

Which engine have you got?
  10. Steve Caney

OBDeleven modifications

Just seen this....dont know if you got an answer, but having just done it myself the answer is yes...you can do it. I just JB4'd my 2.0 tsi 190 (MY19)
  11. Steve Caney

Great :) I was hoping someone would say this would be sufficient enough to do the job.... I don't really fancy removing the seats either.
  12. Steve Caney

I now want to apply sound deadening to the front wheel arches/front floor pan. Does anyone know a quick way to enable me to get under this area .... was thinking of removing door trims and hopefully lifting current mat area to do it... if possible?
  13. Steve Caney

I have just applied sound deadening and closed cell foam to all 4 of my doors. Took about 8 hours in total to complete the 4 doors. The whole process turns the stock speakers and head unit into a premium sounding setup. I run a FiiO X3 FLAC player digital output via the USB to the head unit. The...
  14. Steve Caney

Buying advice 2.0 190 TSI

The only part of mine that is saggy and wrinkly is me.... I think dealerships are pricing up to try and recoup losses, I suspect when you try and negotiate you may get a good deal. My tip for getting a good deal is let them know you have alternatives to their car. I got my deal from a local...
  15. Steve Caney

Buying advice 2.0 190 TSI

If you go for the cheaper options you will forever regret if afterwards....
  16. Steve Caney

2.0 TSI 190 DSG

How may miles has it done as £16395 is not bad for a 5-6K miles car. What colour was it? What reg? You could do what I did and make them an offer of 16K... just because someone else was looking doesn't mean they were buying.
  17. Steve Caney

2.0 TSI 190 DSG

Thats absolute bull**** They only make it sound like that until you tell them you have a better deal elsewhere.... You must be well off because I can tell you now... you could get at least £500 off without trying... I got £1000 off a price where they said they couldn't do a better deal. Tell...
  18. Steve Caney

2.0 TSI 190 DSG

I played my local dealership off against another one. Make sure you let them know you have other interests and let them know how what they are up against. I got a 11month old FR Sport 190 which had done less than 5K miles for £16K in December.
  19. Steve Caney

2.0 TSI 190 DSG

Here is the workshop info for the E888 Gen3b engine. Code DKZA. https://vwts.ru/engine/engine-czpb-dkza-ea888-iii-generation-bz-eng.pdf It has a poly belt that drives the alternator and climatic compressor. Page 120 onwards shows the timing chain info. I am the authority to take note of...
  20. Steve Caney

2.0 TSI 190 DSG

Leather seats with red stitching and ski hatch/rear arm rest. Winter pack (Heated front seats, headlight washers, and heated washer nozzles and water). 18" Performance Alloys 30/1. DCC including associated Seat Drive Profile settings. Digital Cockpit. Slightly higher CO2 emmisions . About 1mpg...
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.