Search results

1. Coops1645

My 1.9 TDI 110 SE

Okay, so a few little things have happened on the car since last time I updated! Managed to get a pipe to attach on to where the old back box was so at least it's aiming the fumes towards the rear of the car now, also gutted out my cat which has massively improved the performance of the car, the...
  2. Coops1645

Seat Leon 1.9TDI (110)

Looks ace! Did you notice any difference with the TT ARB? I could never tell if mine felt any different or not
  3. Coops1645

Sluggish

Ah, I see, that's handy to know, yet slightly unhandy that the engine management behaves in that way. I probably will invest in VCDS at some point, I was just hoping someone would have similar symptoms and be able to say "that's like mine!" See, in some ways I'm sort of glad it seems a little...
  4. Coops1645

Sluggish

My standard OBDII scanner throws up no faults, and no, don't worry, I wouldn't be so bold as to throw money away just for the sake that it might fix something.
  5. Coops1645

Sluggish

This could possibly be true! Also, I might add, there is no rear section of my exhaust, as it decided it no longer wanted to be a part of the rest of the system after an incident with a speed bump :rolleyes: but I wouldn't believe that to have an effect on performance as it wouldn't lose any...
  6. Coops1645

Sluggish

Would this throw a fault through the system if it was acting up? Or would it be like a MAF that will just give incorrect readings but possibly not give a fault? I could always try though I suppose!
  7. Coops1645

Sluggish

I believe it to possibly be either a bad remap or a boost leak. Turbo doesn't have much play to the shaft, though feels like it's not getting a lot of boost through the higher gears. It's strange, the cars not absolutely gutless, but at the same time it's underwhelming. I don't have any access...
  8. Coops1645

Sluggish

Nah heads still in good shape, no warning signs to say that it wouldn't be. Feels like it just loses it's umph in 3rd gear, like maybe because 3rd is a taller gear compared to 1st and 2nd the turbo isn't managing to pressurise the system as well? Just a theory
  9. Coops1645

Sluggish

Okay, so I'm kind of at my wit's end here, I cannot find any real possible reason for this but it's seriously getting on my nerves. My car is a 110 ASV tdi, apparently remapped to around 140, but it just feels like it's not really pulling very well. I've 100% cleared the sticky vanes, tried...
  10. Coops1645

My 1.9 TDI 110 SE

Unless the exhaust is going really cheap matey I probs won't be able to have it, most of the reason the progress on this car has been so slow is because of lack of funds to complete it, so I'm just doing bits where and when I can, or I'm saving like crazy for it :( will let you know if I'm in...
  11. Coops1645

My 1.9 TDI 110 SE

Continued... New bonnet and boot as both have annoying dents in them Jacking point covers Get annoying fibreglass strips off the bottom of rear bumper Stick towing eye cover back on Replace aftermarket radio with a better one And for now, that's all I can think of! But I'm sure more will be...
  12. Coops1645

My 1.9 TDI 110 SE

Plans: Respray PD150 Turbo Bigger Injectors New passenger wing Colour code side strips New wheels? Black roof? Clean up rear R bumper/change to FR style bumper Replace rear exhaust/possible decat Uprated SMIC SMF and VR6 Clutch New interior (I like the R seats and the nice red patterns within...
  13. Coops1645

My 1.9 TDI 110 SE

Gave the turbo another clean out today, actuator arm seemed free to begin with but car feels a little bit more alive with the boost now, so I'm happy! Decided that I need to upgrade the intercooler at some point as I'm sure heat soak seems to be a problem. I'll only upgrade to an uprated side...
  14. Coops1645

Leon cupra TDI Turbo upgrade advice

Think the hybrid is the 17/22 though if it helps? Not sure, I'm sure someone could correct me
  15. Coops1645

Leon cupra TDI Turbo upgrade advice

Get the Mr. Muscle out before buying yourself a new turbo bud, unless you're really determined to get a new turbo in there. Not sure where you upgrade on from the VB though, possibly a hybrid? Seriously though I'd try cleaning the vanes out first
  16. Coops1645

My 1.9 TDI 110 SE

Honestly, the hardest part is aligning the subframe, I was ready for giving up when I couldn't get the bolt holes to line up, but I think it might just have been one of those where it's one in a million who get that problem, but once I'd done the subframe bolts, all that needed to be put on was...
  17. Coops1645

My 1.9 TDI 110 SE

Standard bar coming off TT bar in comparison Drop links with TT bar all in place On ground under weight As you can see, this gives more than enough clearance and just replace the standard ARB, no other modifications required, ADL may be advised though. Does stiffen the front up a little...
  18. Coops1645

My 1.9 TDI 110 SE

So... I managed to fit the TT ARB today, not a bad job really, wouldn't rate it a hard job, just a case of having 2 axle stands, a trolley jack, and I used a bottle jack to help me align the subframe back up. Aligning the subframe again was the worst part, the nearside lined up perfectly, but...
  19. Coops1645

My 1.9 TDI 110 SE

That's pretty much all you can do, unfortunately though bolts that are on components that take the most heat will more than likely be the ones that snap, and that's not your fault, if they're going to snap they're going to snap. It's like everything though, you're only going to learn through...
  20. Coops1645

My 1.9 TDI 110 SE

If I would have had a bit more forward planning I would have done it the way you're doing it and saved myself a whole load of sitting around researching what can be done to solve the issue and the possibility of it not working out how I hope it will :confused: I do plan on at some point getting...
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.