Search results

1. Petrol DPF or PPF or GPF (Take your pick!). Experience or rumours.

I suspect the new Cupra on the next platform will sound ok again. Its an afterthought on this engine/car. If you listen to something like the Megane RS 300 it is very loud and pops a lot and that has a filter. So it can be worked around for noise when the manufacturer designs for this.
  2. Is there a problem from installing brake caliper covers ?

If they're in an accident as a direct result of them your insurance will be void. Hardly worth it for something that looks shite anyway.
  3. Does the Cupra dash rattle? (soundaktor)

This is exactly what I found with the Golf. It was so quiet without the fake sound you basically could not even hear the engine. Why VAG decided to use a device that essentially rattles the car is beyond me. Everybody else just uses the speakers and gets the same effect for less cost and none...
  4. New Cupra Questions

Thank you for the answers. Totally aligned with the PS4 comment. This is exactly what I did on my GTI within like 2 weeks. PS4s totally transform a car. If I was getting a Cupra it would be a stocked lease car sort of thing. The price is so ridiculous (in a low way) it's hard to not seriously...
  5. New Cupra Questions

Hi, I'm potentially in the market for a brand new Cupra (base not Lux) and can find a lack of details about it. There does not even seem to be a brochure on the SEAT site. Can anybody help with the following pease? 1. Does the Cupra have adjustable magnetic suspension or is it fixed? 2. Is...
  6. Does the Cupra dash rattle? (soundaktor)

Thanks for the replies. The dealer had 6 attempts in total at fixing it on the Golf. They replaced all sorts including bits of trim. On one of the trips they turned the soundaktor down and I kicked off saying that is not a fix! In the end they said they needed to remove the dash. At that...
  7. Does the Cupra dash rattle? (soundaktor)

Hi, I had a Golf GTI but returned it to the lease company after 3 months of the dealer being unable to fix a rattling dashboard. On the Golf this is very common and is made much worse with the sound actuator thingy. Basically the dash would rattle, but with the car in 'sport' mode it rattled...
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.