Search results

1. Red LCR TDI

Bye Bye TDI

Hi guys, I'm in sydney now, Haven't seen one single SEAT since I've been here, but I know the old ones are out there. I'll put my mark on the map, when I know where i'm gonna stay permanently. Anyone who comes out to Oz is welcome to drop me a line and i'll show you around if its the same...
  2. Red LCR TDI

Bye Bye TDI

cheers mate, Yeah an Audi S3 would be awesome. And the new one looks gorgeous.
  3. Red LCR TDI

Bye Bye TDI

Time seems to have flown by, and I am now leaving the country in just 2 days! Has been absolutely manic, trying to tie up loose ends, organise my finances and say goodbye to friends I may never see again. ( Unless it all goes tits up and I have to come back! ) But I have finally sold my...
  4. Red LCR TDI

Peeved - Two Fog Lights, Two Months

The Cupra R ones are different from those on an FR, otherwise i would be keeping the oval ones i have. You are welcome to the oval ones cvstevens, and BHP Addict i would be interested in the Cupra R ones you have. Putting selotape over prob should help, as that is essentially all the...
  5. Red LCR TDI

how much can stealers get away with?

There were no extra repairs, just the rear fogs weren't turning on, and they had to to pass the MOT. MOT was already slightly overdue so i had to get it done, They just took a bloody long time to find the broken wire. To be fair, the guy did fix the rear window washer for free whilst he had...
  6. Red LCR TDI

Ebay Battery Covers - Stainless

Saw a guy at a local meet that had bought one, didn't ask him about it, but i reckon it had been bought for the battery and didn't fit as his was stuck on the floor of his boot as part of an ICE install. Looked pretty good.
  7. Red LCR TDI

Peeved - Two Fog Lights, Two Months

I have a set of oval fogs you can have for £10 if you wanna pay for postage or pick them up and don't mind waiting a few weeks till i get home. Is the price they gave you for fitting as well, cos they are dead easy and i was qouted £120 for a set of cupra r foglights. If you think £300 is...
  8. Red LCR TDI

how much can stealers get away with?

Went into the Seat dealer on seafield road in edinburgh for an MOT and service. Wasn't originally gonna get a service (as some of you know its gettin locked away in a garage soon), but both together was only £89. No problems with the service, nothing needed replacing apart from oils etc. Only...
  9. Red LCR TDI

60k service - Whats needed and how much?

Had my big service at 60k, luckily the previous owner paid for it, as it was £750, but this was for cambelt, brakes, water pump, brake fluid etc etc. which means this time its only £89 including MOT! plus however much the knocking rear suspension is gonna cost, DOH!
  10. Red LCR TDI

mufflerectomy...

mikey, i don't need to PM you their phone number, JKM are one of the sponsors of this site, and as such can be found in the sponsors and supporters area, that was one of the reasons i went to them. I had heard great things, and I'm sure they are really good, just not for custom exhaust work...
  11. Red LCR TDI

mufflerectomy...

£400 was for cat-back, didn't even bother asking what turbo-back would be after that. they were saying 2.5 would be harder to route round the rear of the car :confused: but its not lowered, so i didn't think .25 of an inch would have made much of a difference. Also, what came as a bit of a...
  12. Red LCR TDI

mufflerectomy...

yeah, £400 was the price quoted in advance, so i don't think i'll be going there to get it done. will keep looking tho.
  13. Red LCR TDI

mufflerectomy...

After starting this thread awhile back, i finally have a bit of money together, so went down to JKM in portsmouth. Feelin hopeful, as the max price some of you guys have paid was around £300 varying to as little as £120. So in i trot, thinkin in a couple of weeks i'll finally have it done...
  14. Red LCR TDI

most miles out of one tank?

You must not be paying enough attention to the loud pedal then if you get 80mpg! Although saying that, I'm driving up to Scotland after the next hants meet, so i'm gonna have to put on my lighter trainers! :)
  15. Red LCR TDI

how miles roughly have you got left....

Yup, little round orange light comes on just under the fuel gauge at the same time as the annoying beep :D
  16. Red LCR TDI

how miles roughly have you got left....

My handbook says that when the light goes on there is 2 gallons left. It comes on roughly when there is an 1/8th of a tank left. But i've never driven more than 20 miles after the light has come on because; a: I have a diesel so if i run out i can't just refill it, i need to call someone out...
  17. Red LCR TDI

Need to go into hibernation, HELP

Wasn't complaining about moving there, may have come across like that as i'm a bit worried, as i don't have a job or anywhere to live when i get there. But it would be awesome to have a leon out there. If there are no probs about getting parts and getting them fixed as there are golfs about...
  18. Red LCR TDI

just been doing a search on google, and there seems to be a fairly healthy community of VW and Audi owners, and a few Seats. They even have Revo over there, Plenty of Golf mark 4's too so should be ok getting parts. My best friends dad owns a haulage firm and they have shipped cars...
  19. Red LCR TDI

cheers for the help guys, not too worried anymore, i have thought about selling, but i hate the big american cars they have in oz, sure they're quick, my dad has a 5.7 V8 and its awesome in a straight line, but corners for sh*t. Although insurance on skylines etc is cheaper out there. I...
  20. Red LCR TDI

Great news is, I'VE FINISHED UNI :D Bad news is, I'm moving to australia, and the car is staying. :cry: I have loads of things to do before i go, and am not going for a while yet, but wanna be prepared for when i leave. The car is due for a 70k service, so that needs to get done...
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members