Search results

1. SeatLeonDuggy

Can Any Body Tell Me What this Part Is Called?

Haha! Think I might have. Reckon it was the connector that had a split, causing to much pressure on the hose. Went to a breakers and found an adequate replacement from another model of Seat. Working well so far 🙂
  2. SeatLeonDuggy

Whirring noise when driving.

I've bought a gearbox from a big/well reviewed breakers on eBay for £350. It matches the car exactly, as well as the engine code. It's from a car that had 54k miles, so hopefully have a lot of life left in it. They don't test the gearboxes, so just got to hope that it works and there's no...
  3. SeatLeonDuggy

Can Any Body Tell Me What this Part Is Called?

Hello. A week ago my car went into limp mode and had the glow plug warning light flashing. I found the cause being this worn rubber pipe, cut the broken part off and attached it again and the car was back to normal. Driving it today the same thing happened and the cable is all worn away/burnt...
  4. SeatLeonDuggy

Just can't believe that two garages wouldn't detect the tyres as the issue.
  5. SeatLeonDuggy

I wonder if it's worth putting on some cheapish rear part worn tyres and see if it makes a difference? I wonder if it's worth putting on some cheapish rear part worn tyres and see if it makes a difference?
  6. SeatLeonDuggy

I've took your advice and had a look at a few on eBay. This one in the pictures below is £315 on offer from a car with 94k miles. It matches my car specs and BHP. Enquiring with a mechanic a rough estimate of how much/how long he thinks it would take to swap them out.
  7. SeatLeonDuggy

Yeah, I did wonder that myself 🫤 The two on the front are only a year and a half old and have plenty of tread left. I know the back ones are getting close to legal limit. Yeah, I did wonder that myself 🫤 The two on the front are only a year and a half old and have plenty of tread left. I...
  8. SeatLeonDuggy

I honestly don't know where it has gone. I've never noticed oil coming from the car. I tried to record the sound but it isn't loud enough to be picked up. Just a lowish whirring sound. The gear changes are smooth. Is buying a rebuild kit a land getting it fitted a cheaper/viable option?
  9. SeatLeonDuggy

Just had it looked at my local garage. The gearbox only had a litre of oil in it when they drained it out (think it's meant to have 2.1L). Filled it with new oil and the noise is still there. They quoted me £2000 for a new gearbox. Unfortunately I can't afford it, so I'm going to keep driving it...
  10. SeatLeonDuggy

Thanks for the reply. I'm going to jack it up today and rota each wheel/see if there is any play. Halfords did say when I first brought it in that they didn't believe it was a bearing and identified the CV axle as the culprit. They were very busy though and it felt like they weren't giving it...
  11. SeatLeonDuggy

Hello. My 2014 1.6TDI MK3 Leon has for a while now made a whirring noise when driving. It doesn't matter if it's in gear or in neutral and freewheeling, the noise is the same. I took it to Halfords and they replaced the passenger CV/drive shaft, but the sound is still there. Any experience or...
  12. SeatLeonDuggy

Oil Filter

Hello. I have just serviced my car. Everything went well, but I could not remove the oil filter housing on my Seat Leon 1.6 TDI estate, only the small internal part to let the oil out, so I was forced to only change the oil and not the filter. My question is that if I get a torque wrench and...
  13. SeatLeonDuggy

Seat Toledo MKIV Electric windows Issue

Thanks for all the advice. Disconnected and then 15 minutes later reconnected the battery and now my drivers side window will open, which is great! So, now both front windows will open, but I can not open any other passenger window from my four way control and neither of the back windows will...
  14. SeatLeonDuggy

Hi there. Thanks for the reply. It's a 2014 1.6 TDI CR Ecomotive SE. I'll definitely try that tomorrow. Unplugging that battery won't mess anything else up with the car would it? Cheers.
  15. SeatLeonDuggy

Hello. Recently bought a Seat Toledo that is excellent, only none of the electric windows, 2 front and 2 back (with four way control on drivers side) work except the passenger front. I have changed the corresponding 30amp fuses (51&52) and when I did that the front drivers window worked but none...
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members