Search results

1. BillyCool

Silica Bag Colour

Can't offer any advice on a flush. Most debris seems to get trapped in the matrix. My thermostat housing also turned out to be a good place for debris to settle. I'd certainly get as much coolant out as you can. Someone else may be able to give some more guidance.
  2. BillyCool

New 12v Battery Advice

I recently had an issue with a new like for like Varta battery. My garage put a Yuasa in it and it's started perfectly first time. Even stopped the long crank issues that sometimes occur. I also coded mine with Carista.
  3. BillyCool

Silica Bag Colour

Hard to say exactly why your bag is that colour. The idea of the bag in the first place was to extend the life of the coolant ("coolant for life") by topping up it's anti-corrosion powers. The engine had more corrosion sensitive parts and needed the coolant to cope. Not a great idea and gets...
  4. BillyCool

Silica Bag Colour

The silica bag itself does not cause the issue directly - it can contribute to blocking your heater matrix if it splits. This blockage can also be caused by left over casting sand in the engine block that gets stuck in the matrix. Have you changed your matrix?
  5. BillyCool

Technical Help

I took that panel off when I replaced my heater matrix. Not a lot under there and plenty of space to run some wiring.
  6. BillyCool

Replacement gear stick and gaiter for 2014 FR ST.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I've looked at eBay for 2nd hand ones and they all just seem a bit tatty. I can get a OEM gear gaiter from eBay...
  7. BillyCool

Replacement gear stick and gaiter for 2014 FR ST.

Looking for recommendations for a replacement gear knob and gaiter for my 2014 ST 2.0 TDI FR. Mine is super tatty and it bothers me. Any sensible OEM type replacements? Thanks.
  8. BillyCool

Fuel pump relay

Same - I've been away. Sorry we didn't respond in time. Maybe you can ask for a refund.....
  9. BillyCool

Locking unlocking chirp activation on 2014 Leon SE Tech pack possible?

Yes. Needle sweep N/S mirror dip on reverse Always on rear DLR's Alarm chirp
  10. BillyCool

Fuel pump relay

Give us clue: Which car/version/year.
  11. BillyCool

Dynamic Mirror Indicator Advice?

Got mine from Amazon: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B09B1YKZS2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 Fitted about 12 months ago. Not had any issues. Dead easy to swap out. They are brighter but the originals were not that great anyway and the dynamic ones are a defiinate...
  12. BillyCool

Need your help with headlights and handling.

When I bought my 2014 184 FR a few years ago the dipped beam was only about 5 metres in front of ther car. It was borderline dangerous. You can manually adjust the headlight position with an allen key, which is what I did with mine. Been fine ever since.
  13. BillyCool

Start Stop Issue - 2015 Leon FR 184 TDI

Looks good to me. You'll see from mine that I'm on 137,000 miles and have 54.2g oil ash residue measured at 68%. It doesn't mean that it runs fine to 99% then gives up. I will start to get blocked, regen sooner and probably need sorting before that. Mine regens around 100-120 miles with my...
  14. BillyCool

Leon Heating Only Working On Passenger Side

Just ensure that the bottom connection is properly snug and in place before tightening the clamp. If it's not quite located right, you'll get a small leak.
  15. BillyCool

No worries. Happy to help. Based on what you've said, it could be 2 unrelated issues. My car sometimes has a quick judder when it starts a DPF regen (now you have Carista - get the VAG DPF app and see if the 2 events correlate). The slow to start could be glow plugs and/or battery but there...
  16. BillyCool

Ideally, you want to dump as much of the old coolant (and associated crud) out of the engine as possible. The EA288 engine has 3 coolant circuits. The one on the heater matrix actually has very coolant little in it, so you need to ideally drop the main radiator hose to ditch the majority of the...
  17. BillyCool

Could be a few things to be honest. My car effectively stalled a couple of times when at low speed at junctions. Turned out to be a fuel pressure sensor on the fuel rail. Replaced that myself. Ref the stop/start and coil light - it could be the battery. Mine did that when I had a glow plug...
  18. BillyCool

Locking unlocking chirp activation on 2014 Leon SE Tech pack possible?

Glad you solved your own problem! I activated mine via Carista.
  19. BillyCool

I'd recommend changing the expansion tank as well as the matrix. This is a guide I wrote that might help if you want to do a DIY matrix change.
  20. BillyCool

Auto lights turn on during the day / too soon

Good question. I'm pretty sure the lights by the rear view are on (I'll have to check to be sure). It may have been called Scandinavian DRL. The centre console does seem to be lit all the time. So my `sidelights` are on all the time and then headlights come on when the sensor says so (I have...
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise