Search results

1. JackB

JackB's Mk3 Leon Cupra "400"

Cadwell Park - What a track!!! It has certainly made me reconsider booking an airfield day again (as I did with Blyton) - the elevation changes and scenic elements offered by a more traditional circuit like Cadwell really add to the experience even if they do increase risk of a costly accident...
  2. JackB

2017 Cupra 300 without DSG farts

I think Tara misinterpreted your concern, the DSG farts are not an artificial sound so disabling the soundaktor (which artificially increases engine noise in the cabin for Sport and Cupra mode) won't help with the DSG farts. A res delete pipe will make the car louder and the DSG farts even...
  3. JackB

Decent 18” Tyres for a Leon FR 2.0 TDI DSG 230ps

Just FYI you can get PS4S's in 18in. I got mine on Blackcircles but I have seen them on Camskill too. Hag, you can arrange mobile fitment through Blackcircles, I've used them twice with no issues, but they engage local firms to do the work so your experience could differ.
  4. JackB

BREAKING leon cupra r track car

Beautiful car! Shame you have to break it but I know with modified cars you never get your money back keeping them whole. How much for the 225/40r18 direzzas? They literally never been used? How old are they? Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
  5. JackB

Thanks for the kind comment, it's always in the back of my mind that mine might go walkies at some point too... sorry that happened to you! There is no way to monitor the DSG temps on the infotainment system, there is also no way to get an accurate coolant readout once it hits 90 as it just...
  6. JackB

Stage 2 Cupra ST

Nice car! I have the same intake as you, the box on mine started to vibrate when I went stage 2, something to look out for on yours. Solved by putting some plastic edging tape on the top of the sides (to tigten the gap to the lid) and threadlocking the bolts down. If I may ask, what made you...
  7. JackB

Strange noise resolved - it was the airbox vibrating, solved by putting some plastic edging between the two pieces making the noise (lid and sides), and tigheting the lid down with thread lock to hopefully stop it recurring. BCS Powervalve have recently took some clips to show off the new...
  8. JackB

Strange engine sound - Can you help diagnose it?

Thanks for the comments guys, I can now confirm it was the lid on the airbox vibrating (aftermarket MST). Noise resolved using a bit of plastic to tighten the gap between the lid and the sides. As for the smoke, I've been advised that it could just be stuff burning off in the new exhaust...
  9. JackB

Attending a Trackday?

8:00.001 ;) - Car looks great! Blyton went well for me on Saturday, only my second day and first with the car modified - here's a quick clip from the middle of the day: Improved my technique and pace after that clip, but didnt string a whole lap together that actually ended up quicker than...
  10. JackB

Subwoofer for 2019 Leon Cupra

The seat sound subwoofer goes in the spare wheel. If you were happy with the performance of that system then it can be retrofitted to your new car, an all inclusive kit is sold here for £335: https://eastyorkshireretrofits.co.uk/products/leon-seat-sound-retrofit-kit?variant=34922791108773 You...
  11. JackB

Thanks both :). Good question @Jbrad94 on further mods, to address suspension - I'm leaving it as it is for now, as it drives and corners well from the factory in my opinion. Asethetically, it would be nicer a bit lower, but theres some pretty bumpy roads I have to traverse regularly which make...
  12. JackB

haha you're not the first person to say that about VTEC! It does doesnt it. It's definitely a dodgy sound rather than just been different to what ive been used to, it sounds worse IRL than it does in the video. I do have an intake too, but thats been on for months. I checked the oil after the...
  13. JackB

Hi All, My Cupra 290 (2018) has just started making a strange engine sound, and i'm wondering if anyone can help diagnose it. Recent changes to the car which could be a factor: Full turbo back valved exhaust with 100 cell cat. New spark plugs Stage 2 engine and DSG remap Full details of mods...
  14. JackB

Auto handbrake or not - Leon Cupra

OK, I'll revert back to anecdote then. As an owner of a car with this handbrake, I feel that it applies just enough pressure for the situation when parking and does not crank up to maximum all the time. I also do not believe that seat, with access to the technology for other functions...
  15. JackB

Auto handbrake or not - Leon Cupra

Lets settle this argument once and for all... my instinct from using the car was in the camp of "it applies enough pressure" rather than "it cranks the brakes up to 100% every time" but i knew another anecdote wouldnt satisfy you @Mr Pig so I did a quick google. To quote Seat: "HHC (Hill Hold...
  16. JackB

Attending a Trackday?

Hi guys... just booked Blyton Park with Javelin, Saturday 1st August! Second track day ever and firs time with the car tuned :). Very excited - anyone else going?
  17. JackB

To kick this post off, I performed a mid year "mini service" myself recently: Millers Oils NANODRIVE CFS 5w-40 NT+ (Expensive and higher viscosity than the OEM 5w-30, but widely recommended when running increased power) Genuine oil filter and sump plug NGK R7438-8 (4905) spark plugs (High end...
  18. JackB

BCS Powervalve Exhaust I think its fair to say that the exhaust note on the newer GPF equipped cars is muted, and, whilst I'm not a fan of really loud exhausts, I did want something with a bit more character. I researched the usual names (Milltek, Scorpion etc), and whilst the products seemed...
  19. JackB

Thanks for the kind words @360phil There are more exciting updates to share in the days/weeks to come, I've performed a series of upgrades (final steps still to be completed in the next few days) over the last few months - and just need to get them written up to share with you. Powerflex...
  20. JackB

Moving from a golf to a leon

I think the only way you will settle this is getting some time with a Leon in the flesh and doing a test drive. I was looking at Golf R vs Leon Cupra last year, whilst I found the Golf to have a higher quality finish, I actually found the Leon interior a nicer place to be, it looked and felt...
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.