Search results

1. jimmyjimmy

1.5 tsi ongoing problems, please help

The kangaroo issue plagued my car for two years and was never resolved. I had to get ombudsman involved and dekra before vwfs refunded me in full. How you proceed depends on how you bought the vehicle and how long ago. Get dekra involved so you have an independent inspection of the vehicle...
  2. jimmyjimmy

Maybe an end in sight for Kangaroo jerking...

Kangaroo has finally ended for me. With a little help from the Financial Ombudsman and DEKRA, 24 months since first ordering it, the heap of trash 130 TSI has finally gone and a full refund issued. It’s been a long and stressful road with many bumps but I persevered and never gave up. What a...
  3. jimmyjimmy

1.5 tsi ongoing problems, please help

Hi SeatDan. Did this fix the problem? Are you still having issues with your car? I’m curious because the dealer has my car now and hasn’t been able to replicate the kangaroo at all. They’re in complete denial! I won’t accept the car back until they fix it.
  4. jimmyjimmy

We are in exactly the same boat with this engine :poop:. I've had days when it's performed perfectly fine with no bouncing, and then there are days when the kangaroo is worse than ever before. I really want to get an independent expert inspection of the vehicle but worry that it will just be my...
  5. jimmyjimmy

I completely agree with Vag8. The problem on the 1.5 130 has not been fixed at all. The software updates have not worked. The injector replacements have not worked either. We are just being left in limbo and being treated like its our fault from SEAT. Has anyone logged on to ERWIN lately to see...
  6. jimmyjimmy

The 1.5 is an awful slow engine. The worst car I have ever purchased, but what’s worse has been the treatment by SEAT dealers and hq customer service.
  7. jimmyjimmy

Hi Dan. Interesting to read that you've had your injectors done to no avail. Has the garage suggested any other repair is required?
  8. jimmyjimmy

Dear all. Anyone with the kangaroo issue should contact their dealer to see if they can get their injectors changed. https://www.trocforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=266&sid=40992e0ce86779d066cf76a49b8faca8&start=2400 Although it might be best to wait until after lockdown! Take care everyone. Jimmy.
  9. jimmyjimmy

New article on Honest John website: https://www.honestjohn.co.uk/news/new-cars/2020-03/volkswagen-announces-fix-for-15-tsi-engine-hesitation-issues/
  10. jimmyjimmy

That's exactly how my 68 DACA is like. Traffic is horrendous. What a joke. What engine variant do you have? The more people that complain to their Dealer, Customer Services and the Executive Office the better. I am at whits end with them all - complete denial that the fault still exists from...
  11. jimmyjimmy

Hi Betts. I really hope you don't have the roo. The characteristics appear in many forms. If you start the car in the morning and immediately set off in first gear with heater and lights on, drive as slow as you can and see if it judders. Stop the car after running it for a minute or so, and...
  12. jimmyjimmy

SEAT are not accepting any more rejections because they consider the issue fixed and hence closed. There is some evidence on a Spanish (links to https://www.clubseatleon.net translated) Leon forum that the DPCA engine still has the kangaroo.
  13. jimmyjimmy

The fix needs to be 100% successful :crash: Everyone should complain to their Dealer, Customer Services and the Executive Office. I have been stuck with my kangaroo car since 2018 and it has been the worst experience ever trying to get it fixed. There are recent posts on the Honestjohn...
  14. jimmyjimmy

Back in the summer when I had the car in for diagnostics (Dealer refused to acknowledge there was a kangaroo problem for many many months) they did say the 'fuel injector rail pressure switch' needed checking, but no swap was required. So I wonder which variants of the engine did require this...
  15. jimmyjimmy

I certainly enjoy reading all the theories on why these engines kangaroo. Although for my 1.5 what has bewildered me is why after the update and subsequent 200+ miles, it was kangaroo free, and then re-emerged? And why for some, the latest software update has worked fully and is holding, and for...
  16. jimmyjimmy

Both 9602 and 9692 have not solved the juddering. It's a farce as so many people have waited a long time for them to be released.
  17. jimmyjimmy

This is interesting. Are you able to let me know which SEAT dealer confirmed they were still waiting for an update? My local dealer has explicitly told me the problem is resolved and there are no more updates in the pipeline, despite me asking them to check the status of the TPI number multiple...
  18. jimmyjimmy

The garage have yet again denied there is a fault evident and it 'never' juddered for them on their test drives, even in the 1°C frost this morning. I have left it with them for another few days. This whole debacle is driving me insane. Sorry it must be the VPN as today I am not in Iceland :)
  19. jimmyjimmy

I have my car booked in to a SEAT garage next week and told them to keep it for however long is needed. If they 'fail' to notice the issue, which I know they will, I will get DEKRA booked in to look at it on the dealers forecourt, and not accept the car back until it's done. Has anyone gone down...
  20. jimmyjimmy

I hope your Skoda is much better. My Leon has more flat spots now during acceleration. They are noticeable than before the update especially in 2nd and 3rd gear. It feels like ECO is kicking in but it's not. The juddering when starting from cold is still there so I have to quickly change to 2nd...
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.