Search results

1. ibiza1.8t-cupra

Rattle in the engine

Sounds like the exhaust knocking somewhere, probably on the cross member, check if the rubber mounts have stretched and need replacing.
  2. ibiza1.8t-cupra

New age keys for old age car

I updated from the 2004 old style 2 button key to the 2 button flip key, bought it off eBay, under a tenner; something China can actually make.... Had the blank cut then put in the spare immobilizer chip from a non electronic key I had, then programmed it to open car, using orig key in the...
  3. ibiza1.8t-cupra

Replacing hand brake cables

The linkage that seizes is on the caliper, the one that the cable connects to, needs to be freed up.
  4. ibiza1.8t-cupra

Weak handbrake, would not apply on that side, so car would not hold on a hill on the handbrake, from inside the car really stiff handbrake lever.
  5. ibiza1.8t-cupra

Do check the handbrake linkage is not all seized up before replacing cables, that is what went on mine.
  6. ibiza1.8t-cupra

Ibiza Cupra Tdi open door indicator

Hi, no dash indication, just the interior lights come on.
  7. ibiza1.8t-cupra

Color matching door mouldings on a black Ibiza

Hi, I used a dye called forever black, took 10 mins to do, as the door mouldings on mine looked grey, as they are textured paint might not work too well, it helped make them show up less.
  8. ibiza1.8t-cupra

Collosal water leak

Rain was running down the back pillars and appearing under the carpet in the wheel well, good luck, if you can fix without taking all the plastics apart then that will save hours
  9. ibiza1.8t-cupra

Collosal water leak

I have a 2005 Ibiza cupra, same age, but 3 door, recently had the spare wheel swimming pool.... I took all the plastic trim off the boot inside, including the back pillars plastics, to find it. It was the welds at the top of the boot roof join, you can see them by the hinges at the top when you...
  10. ibiza1.8t-cupra

Anyone got any spare CUPRA badges?

Hi, Previous owner has debadged my 2005 Ibiza cupra 1.8t. I'm looking to re badge, cupra tailgate lettering, cupra flag boot badge, 20vt wing badges. Looking to get it back to original, but dealer prices for badges is a bit too steep. Anyone have any old badges to
  11. ibiza1.8t-cupra

Parts Catalogue

www.oemepc.com/seat Really useful with exploded diagrams and part numbers etc...
  12. ibiza1.8t-cupra

Slow coolant leak (appears to be near gear box)

Coolant temperature sensor o ring leaking? or rusted hose clip down in that area, that's where I fixed 2 coolant drips on my 1.8t
  13. ibiza1.8t-cupra

Seat leon broken...

Try using a spare key to start it, as that could be the immobilizer issue. It could also be an ignition barrel fault.
  14. ibiza1.8t-cupra

Door Handle locks

Just after cleaning if using wd40 use real oil to lubricate it, as wd40 is not oil, only good for the cleaning off the oil dirty old oil.
  15. ibiza1.8t-cupra

Door Handle locks

Hi, on my mk 4 Ibiza, I found the catch on the doors and the boot lid get mucky and stick, sometimes. I cleaned them up and then re oiled, has been ok ever since.
  16. ibiza1.8t-cupra

Cleaning inside of the headlight

I have a 2004 Ibiza cupra, but I opened the big cover to do it, worked on halogen headlights.
  17. ibiza1.8t-cupra

Cleaning inside of the headlight

I found it will not shift with air. So I made a little tool, with 2 small disc magnets, 10p size. super glued some fabric to the magnet to go inside headlight, both sides so it cannot scratch. Stitched a strong, long thread through the fabric coating, to be able to remove the magnet...
  18. ibiza1.8t-cupra

Fuel Pressure Regulator seems to be wrong 4.0bar - Runs rich

Checked Fuel trims today, they look much better idle -0.9% run +4.7% So added together +3.8% lean, that seems well within specs. Before it was around -8.2% to -9.8% rich, when added together.
  19. ibiza1.8t-cupra

Just put in an second hand, VW 3.0 bar 037133035C FPR Then reset the fuel trims in vcds WOW, so much more power than with the 4 bar, 30% more, I would guess. It now lights up the tyres in 1st, 2nd and 3rd gears, it's crazy fun to drive it again, even got the back out a little on a bend I...
  20. ibiza1.8t-cupra

Thanks for your help I will order one, £19 for a new Bosch 3 bar one from ebay should be ok