Search results

1. Oil Change through the Dipstick tube? 2.0 184 diesel

I got just over 4 litres oil at the weekend on mine. Had to "fish" the pipe back and forth when it started to pull air after maybe 3.5 litres. Put in a litre of clean oil in then, let it mix and pulled out another litre. Filled her up, just over 4 litres again. So perhaps only getting 80% out...
  2. Oil Change through the Dipstick tube? 2.0 184 diesel

Thanks all, Looks like I will invest in a pump and 5 litres of oil. It should get me to the next Service next January. The car only has 20k miles from new and its 5 years old! Wont be driving it much before probably the summer again.
  3. Oil Change through the Dipstick tube? 2.0 184 diesel

Hi all, Is it possible to do an oil change through the dipstick? Anyone done it on their 2.0 diesel? The car has only done 2k miles since its last service and with the current health crisis and low funds, I don't particularly want to go to a dealership. So was thinking of getting one of those...
  4. Fan jet retrofit issues

I ordered what were supposed to be OEM genuine ones, and they arrived in non descript packaging. Paid a premium too. The adjusters were different to OEM and they didn't fit or work like OEM. Sent them back and got another set that were genuine.
  5. Leon Fr 184 coolant loss after DPF regen

How confident are you on the HG being gone? Any other signs? My mate did a test on his overheating Integra once and it showed the gasket gone. Sent it to Honda who diagnosed a faulty thermostat and sent him on his way, ignoring the HG issue. Never had a problem after that. So wouldn't always...
  6. Foot rest and pedal covers

I chanced a set on ebay, €14 delivered. Looked exactly like the ones above, fit perfect, on a month and still fine. Only issue is the pedal rest cover is LHD and had to be binned, but for €14 is a bargain. Took maybe 5 weeks to deliver.
  7. Mk3 rear wiper

I did the same a few years back, changed an awful rear wiper one to a smooth covered one.
  8. silica grain in the header tank

I pulled my silicat bag out by hand. I plan to change the coolant a bit more regularly. In fact i might change the header tank fluid every 2 months or so and slowly do it over time.
  9. Coolant loss from tank on motorway journeys or high speeds

Have you got a Part Number? (are Cupra and 2.0 TDi's the same?)And do you suffer any possible air locks doing this? Thanks!
  10. Coolant loss from tank on motorway journeys or high speeds

Here is a question - does the coolant in the header tank circulate? I ask, because could you in theory change your coolant over a few months? Remove the header tank coolant with a large syringe, refill with new G13. Then a month later do the same and keep doing this over and over? I don't...
  11. Pace Car Indicators - Anyone got them to work yet?

Did you get these working fine and can you show the results and how you did it? Thanks!
  12. Haldex System - Blog Post that may be of interest

I did my Haldex on a Freelander 2 last year. 100k miles on the clock. Land Rover says to change the oil and filter at 150k miles, but Volvo, which use the same version says 40k miles! The filter was starting to get clogged up, got it just in time i reckon.
  13. Installing Fan washers

I bought a set from a vendor - £28 - said it was genuine, but they were not. no packaging and the adjusters was a flathead screw type, not the allen key type. Aliexpress knockoffs for OEM prices. Be careful. Awaiting a set from a link above from Greece now which was only a little more expensive.
  14. How does the Cupra rear spoiler fit?

That's fantastic, thank you!
  15. Leon ST MK3 Cupra or Aerodynamic Spoiler

As per the Title, looking for an OEM Cupra spoiler or the aerodynamic spoiler for the ST Estate model of the MK3 Leon. Thanks!
  16. How does the Cupra rear spoiler fit?

Hi all, I have a 2016 Leon FR ST and the rear hatch is in need of a spoiler. I want to stay OEM - doesn't look like new Aero Spoilers are available, so its a Cupra spoiler then.. Mad money, but don't want some fiberglass or mis-fitting plastic spoiler. Question is, how does it fit exactly...
  17. Creaking noise

Did you ever resolve this? Mine creaks like mad over ramps and it only has 17k miles from new. Sounds like ARB bushes - might try grease them when the weather gets better.
  18. Cupra 290 creak/squeek front suspension.

Oh - not the answer i was hoping for! I had an old 156 which made the same creaking noise over ramps, think it was the Anti Roll Bar Bushes. Might try someday to remove and grease them and see if this kills this particular noise.
  19. Fuel Flap

How did you get it open? Just in case it ever happens to me or somebody else?
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.