Search results

1. 1.6 16v chugging, reasons?

i have a 1.6 16v petrol leon and recently the cars been chugging when idle only first but now when driving too until rpm is built up high there’s also a slight popping noise coming from the exhaust but not as noticeable as the likes of a pop and bang map spark plugs were changed 5 months ago...
  2. Will MK4 golf starter fit my MK1

i have a 1.6 mk1 leon and the starters away in it, can’t find any decent starters at a good price for the mk1 but there’s a few for the 1.6 mk4 golf, will it fit?
  3. ARE GOLF MK4 AND MK1 LEON SUBFRAMES THE SAME?

what’s the condition on them like?
  4. ARE GOLF MK4 AND MK1 LEON SUBFRAMES THE SAME?

i have a mk1 leon 1.6 16v model and i need a new front subframe by the looks of it, seems to be quite hard to find one online so i’m asking if a mk4 golf front subframe would fit as they are a lot more available and cheaper, thanks
  5. Do shortened shocks affect ride height?

yeah they came with rear shocks but i don’t think they’re much shorter than the stock ones, if shorter at all and i was thinking of taking the adjusters out aye as they sit like that stock, just need to be careful
  6. Do shortened shocks affect ride height?

i put a set of coilovers in my leon, and the front looks great but the back still sits a bit high for me i’ve seen people on facebook say shortened shocks will drop it more but from what i know i thought it’s only springs that determine ride height anyone have any experience with this?
  7. What Exhaust/Manifold to get?

cheers rich, might give this a try, little to nothing online for the 1.6 wasn’t sure if i was looking in the wrong places or not
  8. What Exhaust/Manifold to get?

first time driver here so i don’t wanna hear to just switch to a cupra, i would if i could but i’m trying to do my 1.616v up as nice as my bank allows, and i’ve heard 4-1 manifold and exhaust is a good shout, as mines is quite quiet atm and is in need of a new exhaust anyway any recommendations...
  9. Best ride height?

Hi I have money saved up to buy a new suspension kit for my leon, was wondering what is the best height to lower the car for looks and to be able to drive it on the street, I don’t really mind too much about performance etc as it is just for cruising, want to drop it but not sure how much is too...
  10. Land Rover mondials?

Correct me if I’m wrong
  11. Land Rover mondials?

Dp Do u not need adapters for sdms?
  12. Land Rover mondials?

Love the 3sdm’s on the leon but obviously, only 16 and it’s a project so Don’t have that type of cash to be splashing atm so was thinking the Mondials could be a good shout for a cheaper alternative, seen sdm reps online too but wasn’t sure if it’s worth the risk
  13. Land Rover mondials?

Ah I see, cheers mate big help
  14. Land Rover mondials?

Do land rover mondials fit the mk1s? If not what adapters will I need, thanks for any advice I’m a newbie, 15 and I just bought a 1.6 16v 2004 Leon for my first car so I have plenty of time to do it up
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.