Search results

1. apscott

Creaking noise when turning steering wheel need help please !

It’s when stationary or at very low speed full lock manoeuvres. I’ve linked the video below to give an idea of the noise, the creaking is most prominent when steering left. Apologies for the dodgy video work!
  2. apscott

Cupra 290 Owner

Cheers for the welcome! :) I was in a D2 Volvo V40 for 3 years and a CDTi Astra for a bit before that, so I guess I've got used to zero road tax and 50mpg+. More than happy to trade off the economy for the performance though, pound for pound I can't think of a better value performance car out...
  3. apscott

Cupra 290 Owner

Hi all, First post here, I have in the past few days bought a 3year old Cupra 290 Black and absolutely loving it (except the range, going from a D2 V40 to this, fuel bills are quite the eye opener! :D). The car is an absolute hooligan and I've had nothing but positive comments, especially on...
  4. apscott

Creaking noise when turning steering wheel need help please !

Hi all, First post here and bumping this thread as I have a similar issue on my Cupra 290. I have a creaking noise when I get close to the limits of steering travel lock-to-lock. My thoughts are either top mounts or (less probable) CV joints. Does anyone have any experience with this?
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members