Search results

1. 1.6 tdi coolant loss

Coolant light came up on my way home from work one morning and I stopped at Asda to buy coolant so I could make it home. I think the light came on again just before I got home (15-20miles later) I filled it up again and then it was left for a week or 2 over Christmas. When I came back to it the...
  2. 1.6 tdi coolant loss

I have a 2011 seat Ibiza 1.6 tdi. The engine has started to loose all coolant when up to temperature. the car will run and the coolant stays at a normal level in the header tank but when run for 10 minutes or so it will lose all coolant. I'm assuming this is something to do with the thermostat...
  3. 1.6 tdi cylinder 1 injector

I've not had time to check yet, I got up to do it this morning but by the time I'd reconnected the battery the heavens had opened! I'll try again tomorrow morning and hopefully get back to you with something. Your help is greatly appreciated. Cheers, John
  4. 1.6 tdi cylinder 1 injector

If I were to put the car back to how it was originally and leave injector one out, could I then start it and use a test light to see if the harness connector was getting a voltage/turning on and off? Would this be possible with a multimeter?
  5. 1.6 tdi cylinder 1 injector

Do you mean measure the resistance on the harness to ground on the car, so I would be checking the plugs that connect to the injector rather than the injector itself? I'll do that first thin in the morning after I've put the battery back on. I flattened it whilst cranking it although it had been...
  6. 1.6 tdi cylinder 1 injector

It will turn over infinitely but won't start with the injector plugged in. And will start with it unplugged but if I plug it in whilst it's running it just dies, whether that's some kind of protocol on the ecm or not I'm not sure? I was thinking remove injector 2 as 1 and 2 are both easy enough...
  7. 1.6 tdi cylinder 1 injector

On obd11 I had to add a zero to the end of the code found on the injector as it wasn't long enough. I did check the other injectors and they were the same, with the zero added. Would you recommend I clear the coding and try it again? I haven't actually checked the resistance of the new Injector...
  8. 1.6 tdi cylinder 1 injector

So a week or so ago I had to pull up on the hard shoulder of the m6 due to the car going into limp mode. I was recovered home and subsequently had the car plugged into my obd11 The code that came up was the p0201 code which after a bit of research I found could mean any of the following, faulty...
  9. Power steering failure

Sorted, obd worked to code it but only without the engine running which I didn't realise. All fixed now, thanks for your help.
  10. Power steering failure

There is no check engine light, that's my point really, nothing on the dash but if I scan for fault codes it comes up as a coding issue with the pump module.
  11. Power steering failure

OK... I've just fitted a 2nd hand pump and everything is working fine. The old pump basically came out in 2 parts, the reservoir and the pump! I actually think it had lost all its fluid but I did check the fluid a couple of month back and it was fine so that wasn't the original issue, but would...
  12. Power steering failure

ok so that may point to a dodgy control unit in the pump then? I'll have to check which part number is on mine and get one ordered. I'll hopefully be back with good news once its fitted! :)
  13. Power steering failure

These are the values it was reading when I had tried to force it to work using the coding for the G85 sensor. The screenshot was taken whilst moving the steering wheel. From them would you still say the pump isn't working? I'm in no way disputing what you're saying by the way, just making sure...
  14. Power steering failure

Its exactly the same as when the cars switched off, nothing there at all! Im assuming I have the G85 as I have cornering lights and as I say the live data on obd11 did work once i had coded it to use the G85 but it made no difference to the steering at all. I will order both the pump and the...
  15. Power steering failure

From what I've read you can code the sensor in the steering wheel to work on earlier cars but i'm not sure if you need to change the pump to do this. When I coded the steering to use the sensor in the steering wheel I then got live data Re change of steering angle etc which wasn't available...
  16. Power steering failure

Thanks for your reply! I read on here about a bloke who hadn't changed pumps but got his working again by changing the code from the g250 code to the g85 one. I was aware about coding in new pumps ets but wanted to give that a shot before going any further. Given that there is no live data...
  17. Power steering failure

Morning fellas, I've read through all the posts on power steering on here and although they have been helpful they haven't fixed or really diagnosed my issue. The problem started a while back when doing a U turn and using full right hand lock the steering light came on. From then on the power...
  18. 2011 1.6 tdi pdf issues

Cheers, ill have a look for it in the morning. My mrs had her EGR done recently and its not really been the same since to be honest. I thought the constant reading of 0.0 must mean something was wrong with it as surely there should be some flow/vacum through it at idle. thanks again :)
  19. 2011 1.6 tdi pdf issues

Hey guys, hopefully this should be a fairly straightforward one for you knowledgeable lot. My girlfriends 1.6 tdi has gone into limp mode with the coil, dpf and CEL, lights on. The code that comes up is P2458 DPF regeneration duration. I have used vcds to force a regeneration of the DPF and...
  20. 2010 Ibiza 1.6 tdi dpf issues

Hey guys, hopefully this should be a fairly straightforward one for you knowledgeable lot. My girlfriends 1.6 tdi has gone into limp mode with the coil, dpf and CEL, lights on. The code that comes up is P2458 DPF regeneration duration. I have used vcds to force a regeneration of the DPF and...
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.