Search results

1. Nathan Quigley

Having issues with my 02 sensors, dont believe its sensors?!

Boost gauge reads 15-20psi I've heard I should resistor the N112 and the N249... as they play games with the adaptive fuel trim is that right? Have you installed resistors or left the things plugged in?
  2. Nathan Quigley

Find it weird as I am getting both open circuit faults and no activity - intermittent
  3. Nathan Quigley

Also one fault is no activity - intermittent which if unplugged surely this fault would display open circuit?
  4. Nathan Quigley

Nothing has been bodged or unplugged as it was remapped in my ownership lol so I know it can't be the map however the map has made me notice that it uses fuel like crazy obviously like you said more power = more fuel but I mean it drinks it where before it wasn't too bad, hopefully I find time...
  5. Nathan Quigley

dust caps stuck on!!

yeah i did notice aha, comment above was from today so i thought id give an my idea
  6. Nathan Quigley

dust caps stuck on!!

Freeze Spray? Like this stuff? <===
  7. Nathan Quigley

code read the car this weekend and got loads of codes, some being for door locks etc like normal lol as i need to replace the door locks for drivers side and passenger side but other than that im getting LOADS of codes for the O2 sensors and find it hard to believe that they are at fault ive...
  8. Nathan Quigley

1.8T keeps blowing oil filters!

So where the arrow is loacted on this pic, is it normal for oil to drip from behind the nut? Doesnt seem normal to me however mine is doing that... just wondering if i damaged something taking filter off as the last person to do it ripped it up so f£%king tight
  9. Nathan Quigley

Stuck with Decat and no MOT (+extremely rich condition)

Mine is APP and wasn't listed, they will ask for your reg after purchase to confirm it will fit and yes a bolt on bolt off job pal, comes with a gasket aswell
  10. Nathan Quigley

I need to drop the sump soon anyways as I need a new one, I will also replace the pickup at the same time, gunna fit a Mann Filter at the same time and I'll let you know how I get on.
  11. Nathan Quigley

If the pickup was blocked how would the oil get up to the filter to piss out?
  12. Nathan Quigley

But it has never happened before the oil change? And I used engine flush so should be all broken down?
  13. Nathan Quigley

Stuck with Decat and no MOT (+extremely rich condition)

Get a cat on ebay for £130 by bm catalyst.. take it for a run get the cat hot and take it for a test! Do an oil change bud as I ran decat and this helped alot!, my mot tester passed away last year so had to get one done properly aswell.. use redex and mot emissions reducer stuff.. again really...
  14. Nathan Quigley

So where do I start!.. I've been chasing emission problems with my leon to get it through the MOT by completely replacing my pcv piping and replacing exhaust gaskets and welding up minor exhaust leaks etc... so it was still struggling marginly so I did an oil change and BOOM! First start after...
  15. Nathan Quigley

Problem with Lambda sensors

Still getting the codes however it had an emissions test yesterday and passed the lambda test, but found that it had an exhaust leak just before the turbo so think it might be that
  16. Nathan Quigley

If one sensor is open circuit do you reckon it would cause both to flag up?
  17. Nathan Quigley

Car has been remapped so don't worry about n112 or n249 valves
  18. Nathan Quigley

so scanned the car as it seems to be using fuel like crazy and was surprised to see all these codes related to both lambda sensors, surely they both cant fail electrically? I've checked fuses on the interior fuse board etc and all seems okay? Anyone had anything like this before?
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.