Search results

1. Would you prefer your Leon to be RWD?

I have to disagree with the awd being too heavy and understeering when pushed hard. I've got KW V1 coilovers, F1 Super sport tyres, all new arms, mounts etc on my A4 B5 Quattro and it's just gripping the road no matter what I throw at it I'm taking 60mph corners at 80mph and if any axle looses...
  2. Would you prefer your Leon to be RWD?

I'd love it but I don't think the weight distribution is good for a rwd being 60/40 or around that.
  3. Cupra R Engine Removal

Understood, will remove it and break the hard line as I won't be selling that anyway. I'm pretty sure everything is disconnected, the ground cable aswell. So now just lower the car onto a pallet and undo the two bolts on each engine mount, raise the car and secure the engine onto the pallet...
  4. Cupra R Engine Removal

The thick hose I mean. And as for the harness is that all? Cheers
  5. Cupra R Engine Removal

Looking at the engine from all sides there doesn't seem to be any connection to anything on the shell anymore. One thing I'm unsure of is the air conditioning hose, I'm pretty certain it needs to come off from the pump as the hose doesn't come with the engine does it?
  6. Cupra R Engine Removal

Thanks mate, it came out in the end, had to remove the plastic sleeve that the cable is in and it was a lot easier then. So far I've removed : 1.PAS hoses from the steering rack 2.PAS hose from the fluid reservoir 3.Cut the two hoses going into the interior near the turbo intake pipe as they...
  7. Cupra R Engine Removal

So I've got the power steering lines from the rack off, ECU out, fuel lines off, now trying to get the loom out but can't remove the second lambda sensor plug? If I pull it's like it's holding something down there but I've undone all the clips, tried moving the other harness out of the way and I...
  8. Cupra R Engine Removal

Thanks for the help guys, will have a go at it later today or tomorrow so will comment back as I go along.
  9. Cupra R Engine Removal

Thanks mate, so the fuel lines, gear linkages, turbo bolts and what about the PAS lines?
  10. Front panel and downpipe removal

Sorry for the late response mate, I thought I replied. Thanks for the help, it was pretty easy.
  11. Cupra R Engine Removal

Thanks for the tips mate, how about the power assisted steering hoses to the pump? I haven't yet looked into it but I've read somewhere the pump needs to be removed, is that true? Odesláno z mého Mi Note 10 Pro pomocí Tapatalk
  12. Cupra R Engine Removal

It will ve collected by a delivery company that will load the pallet onto the van, the engine wiring is untouched for now but I am selling it with the engine so where should I remove it then? And one more question, would it be ok to lower the engine onto the pallet without anything else on the...
  13. Cupra R Engine Removal

Thanks mate, it's in a garage and it's going to be a real challenge to make a brace or something above it, would it not be possible to lower the front end onto a pallet so the engine is sitting on the pallet and then once all connections and mounts have been removed just raise the car up? Also...
  14. Cupra R Engine Removal

Breaking The car, selling the engine complete with gearbox, turbo everything basically. Odesláno z mého Mi Note 10 Pro pomocí Tapatalk
  15. Cupra R Engine Removal

Hi guys, im about to remove the engine from my Cupra R, the entire front end is removed,bumper,radiator wall,intercoolers,suspension entire subframe hubs driveshafts, downpipe, so i believe it should be pretty easy at this point to remove the engine? But I've never done it so any tips on where...
  16. Engine removal Cupra R

Hi guys, im about to remove the engine from my Cupra R, the entire front end is removed,bumper,radiator wall,intercoolers,suspension entire subframe hubs driveshafts, downpipe, so i believe it should be pretty easy at this point to remove the engine? But I've never done it so any tips on where...
  17. Front panel and downpipe removal

Hi guys, im about to remove the front panel including radiator, the entire front end as one piece basically, the bumper, wings, its all out already. What im wondering is which hoses i need to disconnect and also where are all the screws i need to remove. And regarding the downpipe, what size...
  18. Cupra 2.8VR6 4x4 dampers to Cupra R

Thanks mate, thats what i thought. The springs wont be used. Odesláno z mého SM-N960F pomocí Tapatalk
  19. Cupra 2.8VR6 4x4 dampers to Cupra R

Hi everyone, im wondering whether you can use the front shock absorbers from a seat leon 2.8 4x4 in a cupra r 2wd? Only the front shock absorbers i need to know. They have the droplink attachments on the damper so im thinking they can be used? Cheers Odesláno z mého SM-N960F pomocí Tapatalk
  20. Will oem bolts be good on 5mm spacers?

A 5mm spacer will not have the edge or w.e it should be called the hub tip so you will have to secure the wheels only on bolts, which could cause vibrations at higher speeds plus 5mm wont make a noticeable difference. If you want to fit spacers id go atleast 10mm on front but you can go up to...
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.