Search results

1. Oil consumption!

Hi everyone just after some advice. My cupra 290 is on a 2020 plate and has just covered 9500 miles. This morning on way to work got oil level warning light. Was in work within 2 minutes of the warning so let the car stand for 10 mins and checked oil. The diostick literally had a bit of oil on...
  2. 2020 cupra Res Delete

Thanks mate! What did you do to it exactly did you just get a bit of straight pipe to replace to replace the resonator?
  3. 2020 cupra Res Delete

I currently have a 2020 cupra. The only thing that I want to change on the car is really the exhaust note. The car has done 2k miles since I got it in march and I must say the exhaust has opened up alot and it does burble when in sport and cupra mode. What I really want is the car to bang on the...
  4. Launch control

How do you launch the cupra? Not that I am really fussed about doing this in all honesty but now I've got some time to go round and really learn the car I'm not aware of how to do it. In my understanding you press the button on console to reduce the ESC or something along those lines! But the...
  5. Cupra brakes

Sorry mate 100% drilled is the word I was after ! I thought they would be drilled tbh I had an A class before this and they were drilled obviously no way near as big in diameter though.
  6. Cupra brakes

Can I ask what everyone's opinion are of the braking system on the cupra! It wasn't until this morning I really thought about it. First and foremost the brake discs are not vented? Secondly I don't feel as though the brakes are as best as they could be. My car has only done 800 miles so I do...
  7. Tyre pressure

Does the cupra have onboard tyre monitoring
  8. 2020 cupra

I bet that cost a bit in fuel lol
  9. 2020 cupra

New cupra been driving it round for last couple of days brilliant car. Only thing I can't work out is no DSG bang at all. Very light burbles when letting off throttle but that's about it. Is this due to the ppf at all?
  10. DSG Help

First time having a DSG so taking me time to get used to the box. Few questions if anyone can help. The little button on the gear lever do I need to press that in when I move the gear stick into neutral / drive /park or is it just for reverse? And can anyone explain on the gear lever you...
  11. New cupra delivered

Evening everyone, I have come home from work today to the cupra on the drive! Will post pics tomorrow when it's light as just been out for a little drive this evening. Wow this is an exceptional machine and a powerful car. Is it just me or do the gears go on for ages. I put my foot down a...
  12. Cupra Performance

Good evening everyone. I wanted to put up a post this evening as I enjoy the last few days of motoring with my current vehicle (A200) Mercedes. One question I don't think I have even bothered to ask myself or anyone is what will the performance of the new car be like. Previously I have owned a...
  13. Help needed

Haha nice one mate. And I get what you mean absolutely in terms of trying to look for the best deals. I have gone for the cupra because its going to cost me as much as the A class I'm sending back also on lease hire so it's atleast in the lease department going to be the exact same price...
  14. Help needed

Geoff I'm really sorry mate I can only apologise that comment was not directed at you in any way. I was trying to respond to the other member in the comment but for some reason it has added your comment aswell and that is totally in error. Thank you for the advice and I have taken your help on...
  15. Help needed

Maybe because you expect a service and want to take care of your vehicle regardless of ownership status. Do people who rent houses not care about the state of the house because they will never own it? Get real
  16. Help needed

Hi everyone, My cupra is scheduled to be delivered Friday this week. However with my car as it is a lease the company will be dropping it off at my house on the day. I have had my current car delivered in this way but as thats a diesel A class it didn't bother me as its not a performance...
  17. 2020 Cupra 290

Worse tech? Not true!
  18. 2020 Cupra 290

Thanks stefan that sounds more like it! The Leon is built to a good standard from what I have been told. And of course the performance is very good. And yes it is a W176 and I wasn't massively impressed with the build quality I must say
  19. 2020 Cupra 290

I'm convinced on a roll I'll get ahead of him i best had haha! And yes very true m140i made so much more power. A great car
  20. 2020 Cupra 290

Thanks for the numbers buddy will be interesting to see the difference in the 2 cars! I have to say aswell 2 people I know of from YouTube dyno videos one had a 280 cupra made 306 bhp standard! A 290 did the same
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.