Search results

1. Is this the end?

That seems to be the general consensus but still figure I should wait for the quotes Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
  2. Is this the end?

Ok so car in garage and they've compression tested and sent a camera into the cylinder 2. It would appear the spark plug has failed due to heat and the pieces have been fired through a valve....... Waiting on quotes for repair (valves, timing belt, water pump, head skim) or replacement...
  3. Is this the end?

Is it worth disabling the injector for cylinder 2 (can't know for sure if cyl 4 gone too) to go down to garage tomorrow - its literally 2minutes roll down a hill
  4. Is this the end?

OK I have been trying a different solution that I never thought of. I have 4 Denso plugs (not sure which - no packaging, it's in the car). I managed to stick a small camera down the plug hole into cylinder 2, I couldn't see any damage although I'm sure I did see bits of the spark plug on the...
  5. Is this the end?

Not sure it's going to get looked at on Monday..... I was looking at possible heat range issues as I'm pretty confident the other factors are ok but until Monday o won't know also seems to be a cmon thinklgcwith Bosch plugs failing Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
  6. Is this the end?

So travelling home and 1/2mile from my motorway exit I notice I loose power and EML starts flashing...... limping off to a safe place I plugged in my simple diagnostic scanner and it reports cyl 2 and 4 misfire (can't remember the codes) now knowing my car has tendency to spit errors a reset...
  7. PD130 Oil Filter Socket/Wrench

Crossland, trying to find a socket for it - no chance in getting a chian wrench in that i can see - one option is to go from under the car but it's still pretty cramped
  8. PD130 Oil Filter Socket/Wrench

Yeah but no the welds failed on the nut the filter never moved lol Thanks
  9. PD130 Oil Filter Socket/Wrench

Sorry to hijack this old post, but my 'filter nut' snapped off when servicing the car at work after I dropped the oil from the engine, ment I couldn't drive home and get another tool so I left the filter and replaced oil. I am going to change the oil again due to the old filter element. question...
  10. ABS Pump Dead

Was a fuse the power steering one went too
  11. ABS Pump Dead

Hi Guys, I am hoping you can help in a bid to save myself £400+. Firstly it's not that I dont want to spend that amount of money but with over 125,000 miles on the clock I feel it's more than what the car is worth. Basically my ABS pump died all out of the blue, although the mechanical side...
  12. handbrake light flashing and beeping

I know this is an old topic. I have just had the same fault, got it plugged in..... Turns out my ABS pump is knackered.... Waiting for quote for a repair
  13. Air Con "hiss"

thanks though i will advise when we are back out to play
  14. Air Con "hiss"

Ah right, well I've no pressure gauge so I guess it's a trip to the garage once we can get back to normal
  15. Air Con "hiss"

I was thinking if it was leaking, then I'd hear regardless if the A/C was on. I thnik it maybe low level, thinking I may get it charged when we are allowed out to play and see what garage says. where is best place to locate a leak (i know not easy to anser but common places)
  16. Air Con "hiss"

Hello Guys, First post (i think be gentle). Had my 2006 Ibiza (Sport trim) for about 2 years now I had the A/C charged as bought it in the height of summer and previous owner had never had it charged. Worked a treat, I asked the garage how often does it need to be recharged, they told me 3...
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise