Search results

1. Standard Cupra ST exhaust

Looking for a Standard Cupra ST exhausts (ideally GPF). Doesn’t have to be mint as it’s going to be modified for a project.
  2. Leon 184 FR vs Golf GTD

Rather than me waffle on and try to explain here is a good video that covers it all.
  3. Which fuel for Cupra 290

As previously stated RON (Research Octane Number) is the amount of pressure the fuel vapour can withstand before exploding without the need for a spark. 99 RON can be squeezed more than 95 RON. If 95 is used in an engine designed for higher RON values the risk is that under full load (lots of...
  4. Which fuel for Cupra 290

Run the car on 95 if you like but you may have well purchased a slower car because that's what your going to get by doing so. As said before lower octane fuel will induce knock and timing retard.
  5. FR184 Remap

Ill start by saying I have had many DTUK boxes over the years and diesel cars Ive had and they have all been great however I had a DTUK on a 184 Golf GTD and it caused loads of spurious faults bus even some with the DSG that just couldn't be ironed out so after two boxes I just left it standard...
  6. Cupra 300 - 2500RPM Torque Drop - Dyno Run Graph

This could be an issue of fuelling, a lot of American owners (mainly in Golf R's) have a similar issue where the timing is retarded / wont advance on heavy acceleration due to knock caused by poor or low octane fuel. This can bee seen by a dip on the dyno graph. This is also what happens if you...
  7. Cupra 300 ST DSG and Haldex servicing

I think you have covered it all in the rear diff.
  8. Cupra 300 ST DSG and Haldex servicing

Im under the assumption for FWD cars that there are two diff options; open in the gearbox and a limited slip diff which requires a separate service. Im just unclear at to what diff set up comes with 4WD cars.
  9. Leon 184 FR vs Golf GTD

I have just come from a Golf Mk 7.5 GTD DSG, I had it from new (2017) 0 miles and handed it back with 38k on the clock, great little car loads of toys, I especially liked ACC which isn't standard on the Leon. I have driven a Leon 184 DSG and power wise the felt identical, and they should its the...
  10. Cupra 300 ST DSG and Haldex servicing

Hey, I'm trying to clear up some confusion. I have a Cupra 300 ST and the car is only 4 months old but as I think I'm going to keep it for a while I want to get all of the servicing requirements clear from the start. I have no issue with carrying out the servicing however the Haldex and its...
  11. Body Shop recomendations East Anglia

I can highly recommend Chris Brown, in Downham Market, Norfolk
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.