Search results

1. bigjode

brake calipers

I just used a kit from A1 motor stores - about a year now and its still deep red. I'm very impressed
  2. bigjode

My03 Lc

I would have agreed with Rob on the mods point, but i've sold 2 cars now for way more than similar spec'd models just because they were mod'd. I sold a £4k pug 206 for £5k, and a £4k Focus for £4.8k - and they both were sold within 2 days of being advertised! If the right *mug* is out...
  3. bigjode

B&M Short Shifter Fitted (Ebay Copy)

I can't answer as a matter of fact, becasue I never saw the auction he purchased it from, but I would say there's a 99% chance it didn't, as most of these are made in the States, and they don't have Ibiza's there. But as he says, the Golf, Bora, A3 etc have the same fitting - even 5 and 6...
  4. bigjode

Where is that metal plate with engine no. stamped on it?

Where is the metal plate located that has all the codes stamped on it like engine number, chasis number, paint code etc etc? I know the chasis no. is also under the window wiper, but I need my engine number (full number, not just AUQ)? I'm going mad becaus I've seen it before! Just don't...
  5. bigjode

My new cupra

If you can find someone on this forum who has VAGCOM software nearby where you live, they can tell you what the faults are on the car. TBH, i've never heard of the issue that you're having - have you checked every fuse very carefully?
  6. bigjode

My new cupra

The HB light is above the engine management light, the TCS light is what his sounds like. You need VAG COM m8. Where abouts are you?
  7. bigjode

New wheels RS4 replicas

Very Nice. Look quite LCR'ish but still different. I Like
  8. bigjode

Car Diagnostic Tool Auto Scanner

If I remember correctly, I went to module 15 (Airbags), totally ignored the safety warning and scanned it just like you do the engine for faults, then cleared the codes - again just like when you do the engine. It took a few attempts, but it did work eventually. I've done it a few times...
  9. bigjode

Anyone had any problems with GSF coilpacks?

good point. GSF sell OEM ones too, but they were about £9 more each. I'm going to exchange them when I get a chance.
  10. bigjode

Anyone had any problems with GSF coilpacks?

I replaced 2 coilpacks today with some from GSF (their own brand, not OEM) and they work perfectfly but bring on the Check Engine Light - fault recorded on vag com is 17766 - Cylinder 2 Ignition Circuit: Open Circuit P1358 - 35-00 - - 17765 - Cylinder 1 Ignition Circuit: Open...
  11. bigjode

Car Diagnostic Tool Auto Scanner

Have you tried Vag com for the air bags - it can be done even with a cheapo cable because I have done mine a few times.
  12. bigjode

Insurance? FR & FR+

RBS Insurance group Underwriters of: Tesco, Privilege & Direct Line.
  13. bigjode

Insurance? FR & FR+

I was with Tesco - same underwriter as DL - I have a 51 reg Cupra (came with normal Leon Bumpers, nothing special). I put a full MY03 (FR) kit on it, undeclared. Had an accident and had it replaced with an (LCR) FR+ bumper with no hassle at all.
  14. bigjode

FR TDI 150Bhp vs Peugeot GTI 138Bhp

:clap: Well done, you exhumed an old thread that everyone had forgotton about and in all honesty, I don't think anyone cares about anymore. I'm glad you like your car. I don't have one, or an FR, I have Cupra, and I like mine, but i'm sure yours is a good car too. So Horay for all us...
  15. bigjode

LC meets FST meets Integra Type R

it must be a Cupra with an R engine transplant. SEAT never made a 210 cupra for the Uk apart from the LCR.
  16. bigjode

Tyre bargain!

Their prices for the popular 18"s are very high though!
  17. bigjode

Footwell Glow....

Not really. Passat W8 interior lights have 2 red LED's, not chavvy at all.
  18. bigjode

Tyre bargain!

I've been able to get GSD3's fitted etc for £97.00 about 6 months ago - hopefully I can get them for less now. 18"s are becoming the most common size now, especially for aftermkt, so that should help the price drop.