Search results

1. not the usual leak

I have a leak in My 2002 LCR but it doesn’t appear to get as far as the footwell…. When I open the drivers side door after it’s rained a load of water falls down over the sill towards the side skirt. It seems to get trapped on the rubber part at the bottom of the door sill. I am pretty...
  2. Leon Cupra R Wheel colour

sorted it. I took some Seat Arctic Silver and mixed it with a little black magic touch up stick to mix the perfect match. I sanded the scratch with some 1200 paper, primed, painted and sealed. It was only a 2cm long scratch but I would have always noticed it. I would recommend you...
  3. Leon Cupra R Wheel colour

I did a quick search and noticed that this was a bit of a tough question!! but has anyone figured out what the colour code of the LCR 18" wheels are? I have a slight scuff and need to sort it out. or has anyone used some other touch up paint and got a decent match? thanks in advance...
  4. what would you do?

Okay got a result The service manager from Cheshunt Seat has given me a full refund on the origional MOT. He called me this afternoon, had a good conversation with him and I'm satisfied with the result. Just goes to show, polite letters work!!!
  5. Can't get it to go staight!!!!

Same here, slight pull to the left from the day I bought it:shrug: Join the 'pulls left' club today:p
  6. what would you do?

okay - wrote a nice polite letter today to the garage asking for my money back, although I don't hold up much hope:confused: i'll post if something interesting is mentioned!!
  7. what would you do?

This was my first visit to them so I can't really comment on previous experience. At the end of the day there must be loads of people unhappy with their MOT result. However, in this case I feel that the decision wasn't borderline, they told me the ball joint was knackered - and it wasn't...
  8. what would you do?

I have had the ball joint checked out by 3 separate garages, including Jabba. They all say it's fine - no play in the ball joint. It's my family car - my wife drives it most of the time with my 6 year old on board so theres no way I would compromise on safety.
  9. what would you do?

Cheshunt have got pretty good reviews on here when I searched. I think I gave them a fair chance - the car was looked at by 5 people at Jabba, a tyre and exhast place and then re-MOT'ed by an independant VOSA garage. I understand they need to stand by their decisions but in the face of such...
  10. what would you do?

Seat in Cheshunt.
  11. what would you do?

The LCR needed it's MOT so I booked it into a main dealer and had it done yesterday. It failed on a bottom ball joint having excesive play (car has covered 30k) and they could replace it this Friday, at a cost of around £180. I thought it was a bit odd, no noises coming from the car, etc...
  12. servicing

Hi, i'm near Cambridge and faced a similar dilema when it came to servicing as I had heard mixed opinions about Marshall Cambridge. I took my LCR to Jabbasport near Peterborough in the end. They were £100 cheaper on a 20k service that Marshall and the level of service was excellent. They...
  13. It pays to buy "better" fuel

Very true. It always amuses me to see people say "I won't put Tesco rubbish in my tank" Everyone thinks Shell garages are running super clean underground tanks with only the finest filtered premium fuel. Simple fact is, fuel is fuel, find the cheapest RON for your car and use it. Any stories...
  14. is the delaer right? - temp sensor

thanks for clearing this up for me Mitchy - Yes it is a fitted price.
  15. is the delaer right? - temp sensor

I presume the second repair was cheaper?? If thats the case do you think I should try that first? Or can the dealer tell via diagnostics which needs doing?
  16. is the delaer right? - temp sensor

I have the common LCR, temp gauge light flashing in the cold mornings of this week. I searched and read about the green/black sensors in the expansion tank. Went to my dealer near to my place of work and they said "You need to replace the whole expansion tank, the sensors are molded into...
  17. What does a 30k service look like?

okay thanks, makes sense now.:whistle:
  18. What does a 30k service look like?

After extensive searching I am now even more confused :confused: I bought my LCR with 12k on the clock, and I had it serviced by Jabba at 20k, now the mileage is around 27k service indicator is showing that it needs doing in the next 2000 miles (at around 30k) On the Jabba website it...
  19. Leon Is officially going LOWER!!!

sounds like you've got your car exactely how you want it. :drive1:
  20. Leon Is officially going LOWER!!!

Hmmm, not to sure about that - you can tell me you drive like you sat on a wasp ALL the time? (maybe you do!!:redface: ) Just cos you drive a fast car doesn't mean you HAVE to drive it fast? I think someone once said "with great power, comes great responsibility" - Spiderman film I think;)
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.