Search results

1. ChrisG

New car delivered today - new features

Our FR ST was delivered late Jan 2015 and has the lid. I'm pretty sure we only got it because we specced the storage pack though, it wasn't standard.
  2. ChrisG

Best Roof Bars?

I got the Atera aluminium bars for our Leon ST, again from Roofbox and very happy with product and service. Atera evidently make a lot of OEM roof bars for car manufacturers and to me they're as good as any Thule bar I've seen but significantly cheaper. They were rock solid with a roof box and 2...
  3. ChrisG

1.4TSI 150 oil choice

Yep realised that, sorry should have had a smilie or something on the end :)
  4. ChrisG

1.4TSI 150 oil choice

Not really the same thing is it, and dealers are obviously completely separate business entities anyway.
  5. ChrisG

1.4TSI 150 oil choice

Can't see it myself, main dealers stock various different spec oils for different engines anyway and given 502.00 is also cheaper to buy in bulk, I very much doubt they'll use something that was over-spec for a fixed service if there's money to be saved, even if it did save them a tiny bit of...
  6. ChrisG

1.4TSI 150 oil choice

We bought a 1.4 TSI Leon a year ago, I left it on longlife servicing even though we only do ~10k a year as I'm doing an interim oil change myself using long life oil. That way it cuts down on the cost/number of visits to the dealers, ensures it has an oil change every ~10k miles and with the...
  7. ChrisG

1.4 TSI ACT Economy

We did a 600 mile trip in ours down to the Dordogne chock full of camping gear and roofbox with kids bikes creating a nice parachute on top, and despite most of the journey being done at ~80mph on toll roads we still averaged a smidge under 35mpg which I was quite impressed by. The rest of the...
  8. ChrisG

Family trip to the Dordogne

Yep we went camping last year in the old Altea with a smaller tent and less stuff, that was packed to the gills with loads of stuff around the kids in the back and in the passenger footwell, which was OK for a 50 mile trip down to the New Forest but wouldn't have been bearable for the long...
  9. ChrisG

Haha, wasn't the topic I expected to be discussing but yeh the kids eat them so that's the main thing. :)
  10. ChrisG

Our 1.4 TSI ACT ST FR had it's first proper workout since joining the family in January, a 650 mile each way trip down to the Dordogne in France, fully loaded with a weeks worth of camping gear and kids bikes using all the nooks and crannies, it's amazing how much you can get in the spare wheel...
  11. ChrisG

Cars you've embarrassed in your Cupra/FR/Leon

Yup understood it's not quite the view you had and I don't know the road to comment from anything other than the video (is there a Google streetview of it?), but I can't see 18" to the left and a foot higher viewpoint is going to make that much difference, it still looks like the road curves and...
  12. ChrisG

There weren't any cars luckily but you didn't know that from where you were at this point as any car would be coming from around the curve and behind the car you're about to overtake! It's not straight, the road clearly curves round to the left for a long way before the corner otherwise...
  13. ChrisG

You can see the first turn right box on your side is clear, no problem there. However, you can't see whether the second one on the crest of the hill for those turning right from the opposite carriageway (at 1:10) is about to be occupied by a car at the point when you start the overtake at ~1:05.
  14. ChrisG

Whats this?

The wife has just hoovered the car and topped up her screenwash, then found this on the driveway. Its a SEAT marked part and looks from its good condition that it's come from inside the car somewhere rather than under the bonnet, but I can't see where. Any ideas? Looks like the U shaped part...
  15. ChrisG

Oddity, "Long Term" average fuel consumption on MFD

I think the MFD figures vary from car to car, I've checked ours and it's about 1mpg optimistic from direct calculations, but others from what Ive read are far more optimistic. ISTR reading somewhere that there might be a way to calibrate / error correct it using VCDS, but not sure.
  16. ChrisG

Thanks, yeh that explains it all. Just had a look and the long term time says 30 minutes, the journey back from the parents is ~25 mins so it must have reset just as we arrived and I happened to be watching it on the way home at only 15-20 minutes into its new average. Odd ways to do it but now...
  17. ChrisG

Weird, I can see why it might keep a long term average over the last 100 hours or so, but to reset like that seems odd. How can you tell how many hours you've driven?
  18. ChrisG

As you all probably know when selecting the trip computer's average fuel consumption display, you can toggle between 3 different averages, "Since Start" which is from last engine cold start, since refuel which is obviously the last time the tank was refulled, and then "Long Term" which I always...
  19. ChrisG

Leon ST multimedia Problems

Dont have this issue but occasionally it will display the incorrect track name of an MP3, showing the name of the next track rather than the one that's currently being played. Anyone else get similar and/or know how to fix it?
  20. ChrisG

Ordered an ST FR ACT - thanks for your help! [Title updated]

I'm surprised they aren't insisting on the tech pack, I suspect not having it would harm resale values considerably considering 90% of equivalent age/spec cars will have it, and resale values obviously affects the lease company profit margin.
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.