Search results

1. End of the road? (Airbag light latest)

Yeah, never progressed it. It would have been good money after bad.
  2. End of the road? (Airbag light latest)

Thanks all. The car has now been traded in for pretty much scrap value. Decided it not worthwhile to keep her running with the airbag issue in mind, plus 215k on the clock! Picked up a 2009 Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCI which will work better with my approximate 20k mileage a year!
  3. End of the road? (Airbag light latest)

Good to know! Full scans - what is my soft coding in this? VCDS-Lite Version: Release 1.2 Friday, 06 December 2013, 12:26:42. Control Module Part Number: 1C0 909 605 A Component and/or Version: 1L AIRBAG VW51 0A 0004 Software Coding: 12620 Work Shop Code...
  4. End of the road? (Airbag light latest)

It's certainly looking that way. For those that replied regarding taking the bulb out, you can't do that, as the absence of the self-check light coming on in the first place is also an MOT fail.
  5. End of the road? (Airbag light latest)

Looks like it might be a match. The dealer estimate has the code: S1C0909605A01L on there. I'll plug it into VCDS later as I presume that will spit out the code too? I presume I would need to recode your ECU though? Can I do that with VCDS and the standard dongle? Their article mentions...
  6. End of the road? (Airbag light latest)

Is this right? I haven't looked myself but I thought the airbag ECU was somewhere behind the center console, ahead of the gear lever?
  7. End of the road? (Airbag light latest)

Thanks for that. I presume if the part numbers match, they will be the same one i.e. colour though?
  8. End of the road? (Airbag light latest)

On this note, any particular Internet-type sites I should be using to track down the parts? I have the part numbers now. Have looked on eBay. I think getting the side impact sensors replaced first makes the most sense as they DEFINITELY got wet.
  9. End of the road? (Airbag light latest)

I have cleared the faults previously. The 2 x impact sensors come back immediately. The Airbag 65535 error clears but seems to come back in a day or so when I re-check the codes. The dealer says they have inspected the wiring etc and not found any issues. A lot of water did get in under the...
  10. End of the road? (Airbag light latest)

Hi, Main dealer took a look at the airbag situation today. The diagnostics are showing fault codes on the airbag ECU as well as the side impact sensors. This was all following water under the seat. They say they have checked the wiring and that looks good. As a result, estimates are...
  11. Have an Ibiza 1.2 TDI Ecomotive as a loan car

Ah, thanks for that. On the petrol front, is the 1.4 the 'go to' model ?
  12. Have an Ibiza 1.2 TDI Ecomotive as a loan car

Hey, My 2002 Seat Leon Cupra is in with the dealers having an airbag issue sorted at the moment. She's done pretty well, with 205k on the clock. The dealer have given me an Ibiza 1.2 TDI Ecomotive as a loan car. I have been thinking about getting a smaller car as I very rarely need the...
  13. Coil pack keeps popping up! (Cylinder 3 misfires)

To reply to my own thread, I should point out this started happening after the last service, and a quick Google reports that this is a symptom if a spark plug hasn't been torqued correctly. Alarm bells!
  14. Coil pack keeps popping up! (Cylinder 3 misfires)

Hi, I've been getting misfires under heavy acceleration. Popped off the engine cover to take a look and the cylinder 3 coil pack had popped up. I pushed it down again. Problem solved. For about 5-10 minutes. It then popped up again! It doesn't seem particularly loose when pushed...
  15. Stuttering with high acceleration - engine light on, some fault codes...

Got a good link for how best to check that? I've had a coilpack fail completely before. Well, a few times ;) That was very dramatic - limp mode, flashing engine management light. This seems a little different. Note if I REALLY try and floor it and make the engine unhappy, the light will...
  16. Airbag light - probably dead ECU following water damage?

Hi, Airbag light is on. This follows an incident when water got in (door seals!) and sloshed under the driver's seat. All the lights on the dash when haywire. Airbag light stayed on. I have cleared the codes, but the following come back immediately: 2 Faults Found: 01221 - Crash...
  17. Stuttering with high acceleration - engine light on, some fault codes...

Hi, My Leon has started stuttering on high acceleration. If driving around 'normally' she is just fine, but hesitant when the foot is pushed down. Fault codes are as follows. I've cleared them and the engine light goes off again, but I'm sure it will come back soon.... Note that this...
  18. 205k and climbing - time for a swap?

New front discs and pads are done. Now going to book it into a main dealer to get the Airbag sorted once and for all. Pretty sure the unit will be knackered after the water sloshing under the seat though!
  19. 205k and climbing - time for a swap?

Did the resets. They came back, sadly. Can't remember the engine fault code off hand,w ill have to do it again. Dealer looked at the airbag unit and didn't have one available to swap in to see if it resolved it. Need to take it back to finish that, particularly since I think the MOT changes...
  20. 205k and climbing - time for a swap?

Hey all, Thanks - I do need to get a few things done though: 1. New front discs and pads needed. 2. Airbag warning light is on. Probably a main stealer job. Water got in under the seat in a big way before I got the door-seals fixed, and all the lights on the console went bananas...
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise