Search results

1. Cabin heater fan failure

I've just had to sort this on my 54-plate Altea (Climatronic). Details in this post on the Leon Mk2 forum.
  2. LCR wheels. Where can I get some?

My son has just got himself an LCR, and just one day after getting it, hit a pothole in the M2 slip road and bent two of the wheels. They look OK on the outside, but when put on a balancing rig, the inside rim wobbles a lot. The tyre establishment we've used and trusted for ages says they are...
  3. Photobucket disables forum links (3rd party hosting) - 29th June 2017

Photobucket, where I have been using a free account ever since I first found it (from a recommendation on here, I think) has just disabled what they describe as "3rd Party Hosting", which means, and I quote - "Photobucket defines 3rd party hosting as the action of embedding an image or photo...
  4. Altea TDI 140: spluttering, black smoke, disconnecting MAF fixes it. Turbo?

Been away from the forum for a long time. Redundancy, job searching and etc proved to take a lot of time and sap confidence, leaving me not in a good place. Now I have a problem and hope someone here can help. Altea TDI 140 Sport, BKD engine, 130K miles. Good service history, no...
  5. Altea TDI 140: spluttering, black smoke, disconnecting MAF fixes it. Not turbo!

Been away from the forum for a long time. Redundancy, job searching and etc proved to take a lot of time and sap confidence, leaving me not in a good place. Now I have a problem and hope someone here can help. Altea TDI 140 Sport, BKD engine, 130K miles. Good service history, no...
  6. BKD engine - inlet manifold cleaning

I have a somewhat elderly BKD-engined Altea (I know this is the Leon section, but the Altea is to the Leon as the Golf Plus is to the Golf) on 120K miles, and as far as I know the inlet manifold has never been cleaned out. Now, I know that on the 1.9 TDI engines the manifold is very vulnerable...
  7. I'm not new, but I have been away for a while...

Hello SCN. Some of you may remember me from a couple of years ago, when I had first an Ibiza then a couple of Mk.2 Toledos, the last one being a very pleasant TDI 150. Then I disappeared. You may well have guessed that I had an accident, and you'd be right. I had a project in Chesterfield...
  8. Toledo Mk.2 - Boot stuck shut

As far as I can tell the mechanical link from the boot handle has become disconnected. Neither the key nor the handle will release the boot. The central locking solenoid can be heard so that hasn't failed. If anyone has had to fix this before: how do you get the boot open from the inside...
  9. double-posting PM's?

Today I received a double-posted PM. I composed my reply, hit "submit" and got the following message "This forum requires that you wait 60 seconds between sending private messages. Please try again in 59 seconds." Being of a suspicious nature, I opened my PM's in another window and found...
  10. Avon Tyres - good or bad experiences?

I need new tyres on my Toledo TDI 150 Sport - the Mohawks that came with the car are wearing out on the shoulders and starting to squirm on cornering and slide about when the road surface is damp and greasy. My local tyre place (that I've been going to since Mk.1 Golf GTI days) suggests...
  11. Headlamp restoration

After more than 80k miles and several previous owners, my Toledo's headlamp glass is scratched and cloudy. When the lamps are on I can see a lot of light diffused by the glass, which is therefore not going down the road to help me see where I'm going. Googling for "headlamp restore" finds...
  12. Hamilton to Mercedes

Obviously a bit hacked off with McLaren's mistakes this year, but going to a team that has not performed well recently. They've obviously promised him a competitive car next year, or maybe the year after. I think it will be good for him to get away from McLaren, where he's been ever since he...
  13. Remote key fob: battery replacement: alert

Not sure if this is the right section so I'll post here and link from the Leon and Toledo forums. My remote keyfob (standard non-folding key, Toledo 2004) ran out of battery today. At least, I think that's what the constantly-flashing LED on the fob was trying to tell me - that and the...
  14. SKC codes

My old 2001 Toledo had the SKC code on a plastic tag attached to the key set. Since its demise I've been looking at a 2004 Toledo to replace it, and the seller doesn't have the SKC. I seem to remember reading on here some time ago that VAG stopped providing the SKC at some stage and instead...
  15. Replacing a Toledo

My well-loved 2001 TDI 110 Toledo is no more. Large van turned right across in front of me without warning and too close for me to even get on the brakes. Airbags have gone off and whole front end is crumpled, nearside front wheel arch is touching the wheel. No injuries to either side (seat...
  16. Rear brake pad/disk replacement - my experience

For what it's worth :) Just completed this on my TDI 110 Toledo which went well but could have been easier. Tips: Remove the central console before you do anything else, so you can get at the handbrake adjustment nut to slacken off the handbrake cables. This is easier with clean hands...
  17. Starter motor refurb

The Problem I've been having an intermittent problem with the starter. It began last year, when the car refused to start in a supermarket car park. Turn the key, and nothing happens, no cranking, just the click of the pre-engagement solenoid going home. Tried again, and on the third try it...
  18. Occassional non-start

2001 Toledo II TDI 110 Sometimes I turn the starter switch and nothing happens. If I keep trying, after a few goes there is a click, then a pause, then the starter turns and the engine catches This happens at random times of day, but over the past few weeks is becoming more frequent...
  19. Car takes a leak - Now with pictures!

51 plate 1.9 TDI 110 SE Toledo, ASV engine (I know, not a Leon, but close enough and there's more people in this section) Got a puddle under the offside front corner of the car that isn't drying out and wasn't there the last time I drove it, on Friday. Coolant header tank is empty. Looking...
  20. TDI 110 vacuum system and other diagrams

A while ago I was trying to trace a vacuum system pipe, to see what would happen if the EGR valve vacuum feed was disconnected and not properly sealed. I found there were no diagrams of the vacuum system as a whole, just odd bits of it here and there. The only thing left was to go out with a...
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.